Finally have a green egg!

Congratulations!!! Nice pic.
yippiechickie.gif

Yipee!!

Our first ever eggs (2 the same day) were green. Before we decided to raise chickens-( this year!) we never knew colored eggs existed outside of the easter basket-- I dont' think I can live without my rainbow eggs now!! I'm getting green, medium brown, light brown and a pinkish color. Waiting on my blues to come---- the crew that should lay those aren't quite old enough just yet !

Oh now I can't wait for the EE's to start laying! Mine are 20 weeks old this week. I was really hoping that they would maybe be early layers but no chance. The California Whites, barred rock, and silver laced wyandotte started laying at 16 weeks. Although I do have 1 white rock that is really just taking her time about things too. She is the same age as the older ones, 6 months, and nothing yet. Keep telling dd that she will make a nice Christmas lunch.

BTW they are getting artificial light since daytime is at best 10 hours here.

I am envious.

I want some for next year, 3 hens to be exact. I am in Maryland. Would it be best to get them from MPC or somewhere else? EEs are fine, I do not need a pure bred since they are not going to be bred. I am sure all the other envious folks would like some advice, as well.

Thanks.

Mine came from the local feed and grain store. I bought three also. I will say, however, after hanging around here for awhile, I'm going to stick to breeder stock from now on, so I'd go for true Ameraucanas rather than the so-called mutt Easter Eggers.

Back
Top Bottom