Finally I have my first chickens! I'm not sure what breed they are?

Thanks!!
smile.png
I'll get some better shots tomorrow when the sun is up again. Now to go check on my birds and shut them in for the night.

big_smile.png

Ludacris--silkie
Da Brat--OEGB or cross
the group T.L.C.--not sure of breed look like crosses...two on the left look like roos and one on right looks like a pullet
Gwen and Stefani--possible d Uccles, Cochins, Silkie. but they do look like some kind of cross.They look young and I would guess Gwen-pullet and Stefani-roo
Nelly--don't know what breed. He is a roo.
Salt-N-Pepa--one on left looks like Feather Legged Cuckoo Maran, but they could be cross with a barred(like BR) with a feather legged chicken.
You got a nice variety though.
pop.gif

Okay so now I have a couple behavior question... not sure if I should do a new post or just ask here... Anyways

1) When I first open the coop for the morning. Luda chases Da Brat like he can't stand her. Jumping around and following her everywhere she goes. I'm not sure how long this goes on since I leave for works 5 mins after. But when I get home they are fine... in fact they are the ones that hang together. Is this normal? If so what in the heck are they doing? Is he just an aggressive rooster?

2) Along the lines of roosters, according to jyeslewmazer, I may have up to 5 roosters in there. Is there a chance that all 5 would get a long? Since they are 3 months old, how long will I have before there could be problems?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Quote:
1)I think your Ludacris wants to mate with your Da Brat.
2)Personally I would only keep one rooster. Roos tend to fight especially in small flocks. Generally you want to have at least 8 hens for each rooster. Wait to see how many rooster you definitely have before giving them away. Wait for the crowing.

Last edited:
Quote:
2)Personally I would only keep one rooster. Roos tend to fight especially in small flocks. Generally you want to have at least 8 hens for each rooster. Wait to see how many rooster you definitely have before giving them away. Wait for the crowing.

thumbsup.gif
I do however have some bantams that get along just fine. 2roos and 2pullets and the roos don't fight and hens are fully feathered....so it would depend on the roos, and some breeds are more aggressive than others.
And just because I think that you have that many roos does not mean that they all are. Wait a little while and see...sometimes young pullets will look rooish and young roos look like pullets. Wish you best of luck.
smile.png

Quote:
She lays small white eggs.

I should had guessed.... it was morning. Of course he's horny. LOL
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom