Finally - I have updated pics (lots) of my flock - whatcha think?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by love-my-wolves, Sep 24, 2008.

1. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    Ok, we moved about 3 months ago, from Florida to Virginia. I have not posted any pics since then. So, here are my babies, growing fast!

Here is the whole lot of them, waiting for a snack:
    [​IMG]

This is the baby, Nikki, my buff brahma. She is so supper sweet, loves to cuddle, and purrs a lot. Unfortunetly, the older ones simply HATE her, and attack her so badly when I try to introduce them. She winds up cowering in a corner with her head burried, like an ostrich!
    [​IMG]

This is Brownie, my SS. She is the first to lay, but the smallest by far. Her eggs are teeny, about the size of my thumb, but boy is she consistant! The only problem is she refuses to use the nest boxes.
    [​IMG]

In the center is my blue cochin, Spidergirl. She has just started to lay regularly.
    [​IMG]

Next is my very handsome boy, Mr Priss, the birchen cochin. He got his name because I dubbed the first ever chick that I hatched after Miss Priss, and well, he wound up being a boy! He is a very sweet boy, and he watches his girls well. I think he is so nice looking!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up we have Beauty, my white cochin, and her sister, Beast, my white frizzle cochin. They are truely inseperable.
    Beauty:
    [​IMG]

Beast:
    [​IMG]

Next is my white Silkie, Beaker. We are fairly sure she is a girl, but not 100%. She doesn't lay, or crow, so we're waiting for the first egg!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lastly are my 2 EE's. I have no idea what their coloring is called, but up first is Jesse. She was the first hatched, and was very feisty as a youngster!
    [​IMG]

And this is Moe. Moe had the cutest mohawk as a chick! She is extremely loving, and loves to be held. She is so sweet! Except to Nikki - in this pic she is taunting her!
    [​IMG]

Here she is in the doorway to the "coop" AKA the window into the garage. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Lovely! I think I want to start a thread and ask everyone to take pics of all of their flock with names included [​IMG] I would LOVE to see lots of pics of everyone's chickens [​IMG]

3. chickenma

chickenma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    you have great chickens:)

4. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    They are so beautiful....thanks for sharing. I love your Silkie!!

5. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Quote:Thats a great idea, go for it, I will post pics, with some names as I have 88 birds...the 50 warren browns I just call the "Fluffy Butts" but got names for the others.......

6. ParkerVA

ParkerVA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Blue Ridge, VA
    Very pretty!

Is your Speckled Sussex a bantam? It looks a lot like a spangled Old English Game bantam I used to have.

7. Love my Critters!

Love my Critters! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Carlsbad, NM
    Your cochins are gorgeous! Very nice pics of everyone. And yes, I'm pretty sure your silkie is a girl.
    Thanks for sharing! [​IMG]

8. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    Quote:Yes, she is a bantam. I'm not 100% on her breed, though. I did get her from TSC. Do you think she could be OEG?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by