Finally, I started on the new duck pool (lots of pix!) FINISHED!!!

Quote:
So far no one's gone in the pool yet today. When I got home from work I asked them what was up and why hadn't they gone in the new pool yet. They all started talking at once LOUDLY but I still didn't get a straight answer so I turned the pump on thinking THAT would tweak their interest. They got very quiet and just looked at each other
big_smile.png
. I left the pump on for the night so I'm hoping to find someone floating in the "waves" in the morning. I'll have to post a video link when they finally do get in it!

Last edited:
Quote:
I hear you but keep in mind the pool is 2.5 ' off the ground so they won't be able to reach out and grab any rocks from way up there
lol.png

Actually, I ordered 2 yards of 3/4" brown stones/rocks to be delivered tomorrow. These rocks have rounded edges and will replace the sand (about 4" deep) in their run (rats! now I've got to finish digging out that last 1/5 of the run
hmm.png
). I didn't have a rock problem when the old pool was installed and there were 3/4" brown stones surrounding it so hopefully it won't happen this time either.

Last edited:
Well, they finally went swimming tonight. I had decided to go pick one or two up (thanks for the suggestion Evy
big_smile.png
) and put them into the pool with the hope that the others would join them but it didn't work out that way.

Then, I tried using a garden rake to "herd" them gently up the ramp never mind the fact they were sliding back down (oops! the sand idea didn't work after all!) AND jumping over the side of the ramp to safety I thought it would be a good idea to staple some green plastic fencing to the ramp to help them grip better.

Then, I added some "over the side jumping deterrents" and got the rake out again. Voila! It worked. In fact, they RAN up the ramp and JUMPED/DIVED right into the pool with the pump running and all. Once they realized they were in water, the fun started
lol.png
and much quacking, splashing and swimming commenced. It was hilarious.

1824_dscn0348.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom