Finally joined having lurked for a while

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Tandia, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Tandia

Tandia Just Hatched

Aug 4, 2016
    UK
    I joined today to seek advice for a poorly girl, but have been on here a fair bit reading and seeking advice. Such a great site!

I have 4 chickens - all hybrids - a barred rock (she's the poorly one), a silver link, a bluebell and a cheshire blue (who lays white eggs, and has a serious tendancy to broodiness!). I've had them since April, and already think of them as part of the family! (And already want more but my husband won't let me yet!) They have a run, with a gorgeous recycled plastic hen house, but tend to free-range in the garden most of the day.

Not sure what else to say to introduce myself!

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings, Tandia, and :welcome. Happy you joined but sorry to hear about your sick bird. I hope you received some useful advice. Best of luck to you and your barred rock. :)

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
  4. Tandia

Tandia Just Hatched

Aug 4, 2016
    UK
    Hi! Yes, I have received some helpful and encouraging advice and have tried some home treatment but I think I'll be off to the vet tomorrow.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Tandia, welcome to Backyard chickens - I hope you will update once she gets a check up, so we will know what is happening. I hope she will be fine.

6. Tandia

Tandia Just Hatched

Aug 4, 2016
    UK
    Thanks for the welcome! We have a vets appointment at 5, but she seems much better today, so I'm hoping we won't need it. Just need to monitor if she starts eating.

7. cukuriku

cukuriku Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2016
    Welcome [​IMG] and enjoy the site! Have much luck with your flock!

8. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG] Hope everything goes well.

9. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

10. Tandia

Tandia Just Hatched

Aug 4, 2016
    UK
    The vet wasn't hugely optimistic - she's had a prolapse, which is now getting better, but she hasn't been eating. She's had an antibiotic injection and we have to give her oral antibiotics for the next 7 days. I got the impression he didn't think she'd recover but she's having some corn now before bed, which makes me feel a bit more optimistic.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by