Finally!!! My First Egg!!!

Bacchus

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 9, 2009
Wow! This is exciting!
wee.gif
I was watering my plants this afternoon and heard a *thud* in the coop, so I ran over and found my first ever egg! She must have laid it earlier this morning, since she wasn't the chicken in the coop at the time. The only reason I sort of know who laid it is because only one of my chickens is old enough (about 5 1/2 months old), and the second oldest are only 13 weeks olds. Is it possible for 13 week-old EEs to lay?
idunno.gif
Any insight would be much appreciated.

Anyways, here's the chicken that I assume laid it:
73609748.jpg

Could it be one of the EEs behind her, since the egg appear to be a peachy color?
65758701.jpg

And here's the egg:
55715521.jpg

wee.gif
celebrate.gif

I can't answer your questions...just wanted to say congrats, and to ask you what kind of chickens those are.
smile.png

Thanks! It IS very exciting, especially since it's sort of out of the blue... I really wasn't expecting any eggs at all, which makes it that much more exciting.
big_smile.png

FlewTheCoop: The ones in the back are EEs, they're 13 weeks old. The one in front (that I assume laid the egg), I think is a mixed breed chicken that's raised as a meat bird. I got her from a slaughter house and the person who gave her to me said it's an Asian breed, but I'm not sure how reliable that information is.

(wince) I'm sorry...I'm a newbie. What are EEs? I can't figure it out, and I just know it's gonna be obvious. haha

Quote:
That's fine... It took me a while to figure it out too!
big_smile.png
EE = Easter Eggers.

Back
Top Bottom