Finally no more food wasted!

I love this idea too, but how does the food reach the other end of the tube?  Seems like the first few holes would have all the food.  Would love more info on this.  Great idea!!

I tilted it slightly towards the end

I used a 2" hole saw. And the cardboard is to keep the feed from flowing out over the holes.

Watch the video i posted up there ^. And it explains it perfectly

Last edited:
I tilted it slightly towards the end

I used a 2" hole saw. And the cardboard is to keep the feed from flowing out over the holes.

Watch the video i posted up there ^. And it explains it perfectly
Thanx! I watched it and I see but just didn't know how it ended up at the end but see now since you tilted it. thanx again I really like this one!

So I built my feeder one month ago and have juat now had to refill it! I only have three chickens in that pen but there was almost no spillage And the food stayed dry! Thank you for posting this!

Any thoughts on how to make this so it will provide multiple days of feed reliably. My wife and I just started raising quail and are leaving for a few days and are looking for a good way to make it so we don't lose any birds or have them suffer at all while we are gone. Also any ideas on how to deal with water would be helpful as well.

Any thoughts on how to make this so it will provide multiple days of feed reliably. My wife and I just started raising quail and are leaving for a few days and are looking for a good way to make it so we don't lose any birds or have them suffer at all while we are gone. Also any ideas on how to deal with water would be helpful as well. 

I made mine like this and used a four foot piece on the top. It feeds three chickens for two to three weeks. I think the length of the sections will determine the amount of feed it will hold and how muxh will flow down.

Back
Top Bottom