Finally no more food wasted!

blakeh1

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 29, 2013
Ennis texas
My Coop
My Coop
After going thru different designs I've seen on this great site. I decided to make my own with a couple ideas from others.

I got 4" thin wall pipe with a 90 and two caps. Glued a piece of cardboard inside the upright pipe that holds the feed about 1/2 inside the "feeder" pipe so it would only fill up about 1/2 way.

My girls were a little confused at first but I threw some millworms in the holes and they caught on quick :)
null_zpsffd51137.jpg

null_zps451e6085.jpg

Here's a good video on YouTube. I made my barrier out of cardboard I glued to the inside of the feeder pipe. The elbow I had has a lip that won't allow the pipe to go that far down like the video.

We ended up putting a screw in the top pipe right under the cap and two through the botton pipe inside the feed holes. It worked great! Hopefully they will figure out what its for pretty quick!

After going thru different designs I've seen on this great site. I decided to make my own with a couple ideas from others.

I got 4" thin wall pipe with a 90 and two caps. Glued a piece of cardboard inside the upright pipe that holds the feed about 1/2 inside the "feeder" pipe so it would only fill up about 1/2 way.

My girls were a little confused at first but I threw some millworms in the holes and they caught on quick
smile.png

null_zpsffd51137.jpg

null_zps451e6085.jpg
Oh I REALLY REALLY like this idea but am not understanding about the cardboard. Is it half the width of the pipe so that would be 2" wide inside the pipe and just where did you put in the pipe, toward the top or in the 90? Mine are wasting all kinds of food but mine are chicks to.
OPPS I forgot to ask what size holes did you drill in there for them to feed out of?:)
OK I watched the video but am still wondering what size to cut the holes AND did you make holes on the back side of the pipe to? Such a neat idea!

Last edited:
I love this idea too, but how does the food reach the other end of the tube? Seems like the first few holes would have all the food. Would love more info on this. Great idea!!

Back
Top Bottom