I have 4 Muscovy drakes and only 1 hen (1 drake is a muscovy mix). They are about 7 months old and only just started showing breeding behaviors. Then they started trying to breed with my chickens so I knew the day was coming. Well, the day came. I have only processed 1 duck before, for Thanksgiving and it didn't go as well as I had hoped. So, I decided to try slitting the throat instead of trying to chop off the head (this is where I had problems before, the head didn't come off). I have read that it is near impossible to slit the throat of a Muscovy drake. Not so. With my first, I really looked at the anatomy after the fact so that I knew exactly where everything was. I didn't even cut the windpipe, just the jugulars. I also decided to skin them as I don't have the right equipment to scald and didn't feel like dealing with it. The whole process from setup to cleanup took about 4 hours. I was working alone as DH has NO interest in processing, just the finished product. The 1st took about 1 hour to sking and divide into quarters. The 3rd duck would have only taken about 20 minutes if I hadn't had to fiddle with the wings. Overall, I was very happy even with the time it took. Being only my second attempt and alone, I know that eventually it will get easier and quicker. I have some huge breast sections, I'm thinking the largest are over 1 lb each! Close to 1.5. I kept the mixed one whole for now so that I can piece him out seperately and see the difference in flavor. I am brining for 24 hours and will throw them in the freezer tomorrow. The worst part is that I was starting to get into a groove and now I have nothing left to process. Forgot to add I got the last one skinned in almost 1 piece. (minus the first 2 joints of the wing. His throat and head are hanging over my hand. I was rather impressed with myself.