Finally rewarded with first egg

SteveMadonnaJ

In the Brooder
May 1, 2016

Finally after 21 weeks we have our first eggs. While cleaning out the coop yesterday I noticed the first egg, and today after work the second was waiting on me. Being Rhode Island Reds they are a little on the small size, but after all the research and reading I have done, they will get bigger. Now if only all 7 will lay at the same time we will be in business, lol.

thumbsup.gif
Yay! congrats! It's always an event to celebrate. I am awaiting my 2 pullets' first eggs...(they are 16 weeks)

Exciting!! We are still waiting the arrival of our first egg too. We have 4 girls, from 13wks-21wks. With our RSL & our BA being the babies & both the coronation & light Sussex being abit older...& from what I've been told, possibly late layers.

Last edited:
Finally after 21 weeks we have our first eggs. While cleaning out the coop yesterday I noticed the first egg, and today after work the second was waiting on me. Being Rhode Island Reds they are a little on the small size, but after all the research and reading I have done, they will get bigger. Now if only all 7 will lay at the same time we will be in business, lol.
Congrats!!

All pullet eggs are small, no matter the breed of bird.
They will get incrementally larger soon, but may not get to 'Medium' or 'Large' size/weight for weeks.... or months.
Second season of laying, eggs will be much larger.

Back
Top Bottom