Finally started the coop! *Pics inside*

gumpsgirl

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Mar 25, 2008
Virginia
Here's my coop that we started on Sat. I am soooo excited!!! I think it is coming along nicely!
smile.png
I put vinyl down on the floor today. We are going to try and finish the walls today. We have used a combination of wood that I have bought and wood that I have gathered from pallets. The roof frame is made completely from wood that I have gathered from a furniture company and pallets. My DH has great ideas for the siding too. He wants to get some pallet wood and stack it like you would the cedar roofing. I'm excited to see what it will all look like when it is finished! Will post some more pics when we get some more finished.

DSC01886.jpg

DSC01889.jpg

DSC01895.jpg

DSC01901.jpg

Last edited:
Very impressive start!
smile.png
It looks like it could stand up to a hurricane. I'm sure the chickens will love it.

The bonus is that it would make a great playhouse if the chicken thing doesn't work out:D Can't wait to see the finished coop.

The pallet roof idea would probably look great, and a good way to recycle wood. Make sure you show us a picture of that, when it's done. I may steal that idea for a shed for my tractor, as I can get plenty of free pallets.

I really like that design - looks like a little chalet cottage!

What are the dimensions and what is the height at the point of the roof as compared to the side walls??

Quote:
That is actually what I call it! It's my chicken chalet and more than I expected my DH to do, to be honest!!!
big_smile.png
The peak of the roof to the floor measures 11'. The walls are 4 ' high. The actual floor dimensions of the coop are 11' X 8'.

Last edited:
Looks NICE !!! !!! What are the dimensions????? I just modified a storage addition on the back side of my garage for my 43 chicks... I am thinking I will build a stand alone coop later.... Let me know... Thanks

Back
Top Bottom