Finally!!!!!

GreenGoddess

Crowing
14 Years
Jun 6, 2009
St Pauls, NC
The time that I have long been waiting for is here!!! My new hova bator will be arriving by FedEx TODAY (a day earlier than I expected!)!!!! I haven't gotten the thermometer/hygrometer I ordered yet but i do have a backup that the thermometer seems to be almost perfectly calibrated!!! Unfortunately, I didn't have a lot of salt so I used a little bit of seasoned salt.. not sure if it will read correctly but I'm going to the store today so i can always try it again tonight and read it in the morning.. Will have to calibrate the new one anyway! I may have to keep an egg or two out of the bator to make room for it but it will be worth it for correct readings!

I am now looking at a set date of Jan 7th which would be a hatch date of Jan 28.. Anyone want to join me? I've had my eggs ready for days and I've been ready for almost two years now!!!!!!

ya.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
IT'S HERE!!! Ok so, fedEx pulls up and before he was even out of the truck, I was waiting outside!! Thanked him profusely, took the box in the house and immediately started reading directions and putting it together (not that there was much to do with it except for the thermostat! it is now sitting as pretty as you please on my dresser (the darkest and most temp stable room in the house! Now I just sit and wait until the temp comes up... (tapping foot and looking at watch!) Oh boy is this gonna be a looooooong month!!!! LOL

Goddess
jumpy.gif

clap.gif
The fever has started. I know I have 16 days left and I feel like I am having a nervous breakdown. LOL. Good luck and enjoy. Some advice someone on here gave me sit on your hands. LOL. then you don't handle them alot. LOL

Quote:
That is absolutely awesome advice... For someone that is either not new to hatching or not hatching at all... ROFL!!!! It's very difficult not to want to check the eggs every chance you get for changes... Although it is best to leave them alone most times..
smile.png

Goddess
jumpy.gif

This will be my third hatch but the first with a real incubator.. The first one was a homemade styrofoam bator and I didn't get any to hatch (had 18 set)... The second time was a wooden homemade bator that was awesome and I hatched 26 or 27 (can't remember) out of 36 and they were shipped to me... This time, I'm not sure how many I'm setting.. Somewhere in the tune of 50...

Goddess
jumpy.gif

I had one broody that quit sitting and her eggs were due January 21 st and they are in the incubator and on the same day that my one broody started I had another broody that started. The broody that is still sitting already had enough eggs under her and I have had to separate her so everyone would quit getting in her nest to lay. So on or around January 21st I have more eggs in a second incubator to hatch plus whatever hatches under the broody (she has 8 eggs under her and I have 14 in the incubator to hatch on January 21st).

I will be setting 72 eggs on the 7th or 8th, so.. Im right there with ya..

I also have chicks hatching upstairs (as we speak)
36 more eggs due on the 9th
12 more on the 12th
and another 12 on the 18th.....

big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom