Finally!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by SunAngel, Oct 11, 2008.

1. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I am so excited [​IMG] I finally got a few Silkie hens!! I know it probably sounds silly, but after selling off 7 Silkie roos in the last few months, I was starting to lose hope of ever getting hens! I am a roo magnet, I swear!

Thanks to peachick in Md. [​IMG] (and BYC), I now have new additions to my Bantam coop! We went to pick them up today. Thanks Kat!! I love the new girls, they are fitting in great! These are not for showing, I just wanted pet quality fluffballs to love [​IMG]

Ember -Partridge
    [​IMG]

Juno -Black
    [​IMG]

Azure -Blue
    [​IMG]
    Don't be too hard on her, she just went through molting and being bred, so her feathers haven't all grown back in yet [​IMG] But I love her already anyways!

And not to be left out....we got a new girl for the Standard coop while we were there.
    White Cochin -Luna
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking!!!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  2. Picky Chicky

Picky Chicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Holly Grove, VA
    How could anyone be hard on her?? They're all so beautiful!!

I'm totally jealous! I sure hope I find a silkie hen or two next weekend at the trade event.[​IMG]

3. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    Beautiful hens! Congrats! [​IMG]

4. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Thanks!!

Good luck finding some too AVandrie! They are so sweet and luvable!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  5. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Thank you suenrob!

Aww your avatar is adorable [​IMG]

6. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

Silkies have to be the most lovable of all chickens. Mine comes to me to be picked up. I never have any problems with her. She's super-smart for a chicken too. Also she's a great mom for her chick. I hope her chick is another hen.

7. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    They are great! I love how they don't freak out and run away, they are so laid back.

I have 3 young ones, but I refuse to get attached to them until I know they aren't going to turn out to be roos lol. The full size hens are awesome balls of fluff!

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I WANT A SILKIE!!!!!! It must not be the right time, because I am having one heck of a time finding chicks.

9. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    Quote:Thanks. My avatar is my very first silkie chick, Kramer. He is prety big now, I'll have to get some new pics

10. orchidchick

orchidchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    south florida
    How do you stand it!!! They are too adorable! I want some now too.....

Orchidchick

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by