Finally!!!

SunAngel

Songster
11 Years
May 20, 2008
Chambersburg, Pa.
I am so excited
yippiechickie.gif
I finally got a few Silkie hens!! I know it probably sounds silly, but after selling off 7 Silkie roos in the last few months, I was starting to lose hope of ever getting hens! I am a roo magnet, I swear!

Thanks to peachick in Md.
hugs.gif
(and BYC), I now have new additions to my Bantam coop! We went to pick them up today. Thanks Kat!! I love the new girls, they are fitting in great! These are not for showing, I just wanted pet quality fluffballs to love
big_smile.png

Ember -Partridge
Pic_01Oct112008.jpg

Juno -Black
Pic_02Oct112008.jpg

Azure -Blue
Pic_03Oct112008.jpg

Don't be too hard on her, she just went through molting and being bred, so her feathers haven't all grown back in yet
smile.png
But I love her already anyways!

And not to be left out....we got a new girl for the Standard coop while we were there.
White Cochin -Luna
Pic_04Oct112008.jpg

Thanks for looking!!!

Last edited:
Silkies have to be the most lovable of all chickens. Mine comes to me to be picked up. I never have any problems with her. She's super-smart for a chicken too. Also she's a great mom for her chick. I hope her chick is another hen.

They are great! I love how they don't freak out and run away, they are so laid back.

I have 3 young ones, but I refuse to get attached to them until I know they aren't going to turn out to be roos lol. The full size hens are awesome balls of fluff!

Back
Top Bottom