Finch Thread—Discuss and Show Off Your Birds

I have a 7 year old society finch, his mate of 5 years died this spring so I got a spice finch as a new companion after being unable to find any others of his species. There is a language barrier, but they are related species. They paired up after about a week and are getting better at understanding eachother every day now.

1625564137143.png

I have Java finches too, I am hand-raising five chicks that are one month old. They are so friendly and interactive because they have been imprinted on people, no photos atm though.

I have a 7 year old society finch, his mate of 5 years died this spring so I got a spice finch as a new companion after being unable to find any others of his species. There is a language barrier, but they are related species. They paired up after about a week and are getting better at understanding eachother every day now.

View attachment 2749056

I have Java finches too, I am hand-raising five chicks that are one month old. They are so friendly and interactive because they have been imprinted on people, no photos atm though.
Beautiful! Society finches are such sweet looking birds.

They're here!! I'm so excited. The female has a soiled rear, which I'm slightly concerned about but the sellers said was most likely from sudden feed changes. I'll post images as soon as they come out of their box and settle in a bit.

In the meanwhile, here are some Mannakins I saw for sale at the same time.
IMG_20210706_115613704.jpg

Back
Top Bottom