Finch Thread—Discuss and Show Off Your Birds

@BantyChooks Oliver and Charlotte are simply to die for! :celebrate I forget what it was like to only have a pair.....when you have as many as I do, it's difficult to hear yourself think. :lol:
I'd beg buy some off of you if you were closer. I'm fairly sure these guys didn't have the best life, Oliver has a slightly drooping wing and they both seem to have difficulty grasping small perches possibly from only having one size to stand on in their past owner's cage.

1626050433161.png

1626050463800.png

Java finches, 5 weeks old

Has anyone here transitioned their finches to pellets? Both Charlotte and Oliver are showing a few signs indicating to me that their current nutrition needs aren't being met on their seed-only diet. I already have my budgies on various Lafeber foods, so I'm considering trying their finch pellet.

Has anyone here transitioned their finches to pellets? Both Charlotte and Oliver are showing a few signs indicating to me that their current nutrition needs aren't being met on their seed-only diet. I already have my budgies on various Lafeber foods, so I'm considering trying their finch pellet.
I recall @Pyxis talking about the seed to pellet transition for her cockatiel on this thread:

Thread 'Parrot Chat'
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/parrot-chat.1332090/

But I don’t actually know how that compares to doing the same for finches.

All mine eat pellets as their daily base diet, and did not resist them from the first try, though my parakeets refuse them thoroughly. I use Lafeber canary pellets for them all.

Back
Top Bottom