Finch Thread—Discuss and Show Off Your Birds

drwtvv4vmt381.jpg

Unfortunately the zebras I have already don't do well in mixed aviaries where they are the majority. I'm already having some fighting going on. However... it's tempting. Spice finches are lovely.
Uh oh... What are you going to do about the fighting? Will the dummies eventually work it out or do you have to separate them for good?

Uh oh... What are you going to do about the fighting? Will the dummies eventually work it out or do you have to separate them for good?
I'm going to just keep an eye on them as long as they don't draw blood.

I love Orange-cheeked Waxbills. They are so cute.
1638802879677.png

Blech. Zebras. lol They are so annoying. I was so happy to have some of Garrie Landry's imports to work with. US-bred Zebras are just too feisty for me. And their "song". lol Ick. Haha. At least they'll breed on the bottom row of cages in breeding stacks. lol
Lovely. I've been thinking about adding some flowers to the fake ivy I have.
You definitely should...
1638803053897.png

1638803191543.png

Season 9 Phoebe GIF by Friends

American zebra finches are more aggressive than wild zebras or lines in other countries and I'm not sure why they have gotten that way.
No idea. I have a theory everything Americans touch turns to crap, but that's not usually very popular here...lol 😂 But you're completely right. My "trash" zebras were obnoxious, had issues breeding due to various reasons (compulsively rebuilding nests and covering eggs, squabbling, refusing to breed in pairs, only wanting to breed in colonies so pied could pop up in every chick, etc.). I kept them because they were the first finches I ever had. But I eventually phased them out and only kept lines from breeders that were pure for Black-cheek, Fawn, Chestnut-flanked White, etc. I hated breeding and never knowing what I was going to get. At least pet store Societies are good for fostering...

Back
Top Bottom