Find out the breeds in your mixed dog w/ DNA Testing

I've both both good and bad things about this.
Some people have sent in simples from their purebred dogs and got crazy results that had nothing to do with the breed their dog was.
I personally think its not worth it, and is probly nothing more then a joke,but each to his own.

Actually DNA testing is very authentic science. I am planning to try it. They did say on the news that AKC registration is on the honor system. And a lot of purebred registered animals are actually mixed but don't realize it until the dna test results come back. They also gave examples of stores that sell animals, claiming that they are a breed that they are not. But the test can determine decisively the truth.
http://www.canineheritage.com/news.php

I had a few of my parrots sexed by a different company.
They confirmed they are the sex they are supposed to be.

Last edited:
The DNA testing itself might be authentic,but that doesnt mean the places offering to do the results is.
I wouldnt spend my money on it, I still think its gamble and not worth it.
The website you listed is only to give the good stuff, they wont post anything negitive about the testing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can understand skepticism in this day and age. This company was featured on the Discovery Channel, Fox News, CBS and the Today Show amongst many others. There are videos of the tv programs in the link off their website listed below. Curiosity has the best of me so I figure $55 for a DNA test by a company recommended by all the major news networks is a good deal. But everyone is different.
http://www.canineheritage.com/news.php

Now I have just got to bite the bullet and order the kit
big_smile.png

PS That is their website and no I don't work for them LOL.. I just saw it on tv tonight and thought some might be interested.

My personal motto is "knowledge is power". I want to know!
smile.png
But I guess for some, not knowing is bliss or better safe than sorry.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom