Finding a new Home for my Chickens.

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by Pdjidesigner, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Pdjidesigner

Pdjidesigner New Egg

Nov 1, 2013
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It's quite simple. I've recently been informed that I cannot have chickens in my property.[​IMG] I fought to try to find some sort of medium in the attempt to keep them with me however the final answer was that they must be removed within the next 25 days of this post. I did do my research prior to purchasing my chicks, however there was one last place I forgot to verify and that was the neighborhood's regulations where I live in (Duh!) which apparently trumps Monroe North Carolina Chicken Ordinance.

Not sure what to do at this point but I must to give them out, my heart is crushed. It is out of our mind to even think about eating them as they've been our family's pets since we've got them as chicks. I currently have 4 Rhode Island Reds: 3 hens (Hadassah, Phoebe and Papita: roughly 8 months) and one rooster (Papito: around 4-5 months).
    [​IMG]

Has anyone ever had to go through this process? And I'm sure that you could understand what we are going through right now as we, again, consider the chickens not as barn animals but as a part of our family. If so, what was your outcome, believe me, your feedback is very much helpful.

Thank you!

2. So sorry you are having to re-home them. Since it seems they need a new home urgently, you could try posting the link to this thread in the "Where am I? Where are you?" section of the forum - I hope you find them the best home ever!
    Good luck!

3. rottiesrme51

rottiesrme51 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 5, 2010
    miamisburg,ohio
    would you ship them? I live in ohio and would love to add your babies to mine.

4. danmejia76

danmejia76 New Egg

Mar 17, 2012
    I live in blairsville north Georgia mountains. Would love to have your chickens join my flock.

5. ipekusa

ipekusa New Egg

Mar 19, 2014
    i am in new jersey. just bought a farm . I would not mind to take them and take care of them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by