Finding helpful friends

How to give them Tylan 50 liquid in their water?

• Can it be put in water?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • How much and how often?

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Bird63

In the Brooder
Mar 11, 2018
My name is Ivy and I recently built a chicken coop. I love chickens and use to have lots of free range chickens that we never had any problems with such as sickness etc. Well now I have a coop and 8 chickens that I have grown very fond of, 5 are my favorites and follow me like puppies when I let them out each day. They now give me 7-8 eggs a day which had me over run with eggs so I had bright idea to use this as one way to help me raise money for my 501c3 nonprofit org where we visit and gift the elders in nursing homes. I will sell the eggs and use all the money they raise on buying gifts. But now they seem sick and I will not be selling any until I know they are well and it is safe. I need some friends that can help me keep them healthy and safe.
I bundled them up during the really cold months.

Attachments

• chicken house .jpg
    chicken house .jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 6
G’Day from down under Ivy :frow Welcome!

I see that you have posted on the Emergencies & Diseases forum and do hope that you are able to find out what is ailing your girls and resolve it.

I also hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Looks like your coop is so "buttoned up," there is no ventilation . Chickens need a draft free coop but also ventilation. Condensation from their breathing and heat of their bodies will rise above them - ventilation just under the roof will allow that to escape. Otherwise it will fall back on them and cause frostbite .

Back
Top Bottom