Finding more feathers from one bird

Not only is DE not an effective treatment for lice and mites, it's not good for your birds health as it is a respiratory irritant.
From what I've read on this site, there is reportedly 0 studies confirming the efficacy of DE.

I can tell you for sure that it did not rid my first apartment of bugs, but it did clog my Dyson beyond repair.

If you're a fan of dust products, there is a few Permethrin dusts to be had. If going just as a preventative, you could try the natural version Pyrethrin dusts. Not sure if there is a Spinosid dust product available, but likely.
I think I'm a wet product fan myself.
Thanks for the info. I was taking the advice of some YouTube bloggers and following their DE recommendations. Then I checked my bag of DE and it’s the Red Lake Earth DE which I read is not as effective as the white stuff and is intended for use in animal feed and not exterior pest control. So I’m not using that stuff anymore and not buying the white DE to replace it. I will explore the other options you mentioned.

Thanks for the info. I was taking the advice of some YouTube bloggers and following their DE recommendations. Then I checked my bag of DE and it’s the Red Lake Earth DE which I read is not as effective as the white stuff and is intended for use in animal feed and not exterior pest control. So I’m not using that stuff anymore and not buying the white DE to replace it. I will explore the other options you mentioned.
One of the Red Lake DE formulations is mostly bentonite clays.
But even pure DE will not kill most bugs.
If you see bugs on your birds, use permethrin dust or spray.

chicks their first year actually have 2 molts, they will go from their baby feathers to their adult coloring

keep an eye to make sure she isn't being picked on by the others as you said she was out of the flock for a bit, could be they are redoing pecking order. When my alpha hen was killed by a 2 legged predator, I actually had to get a rooster because they couldn't get a pecking order reestablished on their own for some reason

Back
Top Bottom