Finish this sentence: "You know you're addicted to chickens when..."

When your grandma brings her "grandchickens" treats when she visits.
When you walk barefoot in the chicken coop because you don't want to look for your shoes. (I hope I'm not the only one who does this)
When you get so used to picking up poo you get lazy and use your hands.
When you try to convince your mom to let you have a house chicken(hasn't worked so far).
When your friends at school know your chickens by name and breed but don't even own chickens themselves. :)

I kinda talk a lot about chickens to my friends and family. they probably secretly want to find a way to get rid of them so I stop talking. ;)

Here's a picture of the cutest feather I've ever seen. I put it on my hand for a size reference.

You may be addicted to chickens when you have to share every little thing about them.
big_smile.png

You know you're addicted to chickens when you get a tear in your eye because a really flighty pullet decides to fly up to your shoulder and take treats from your hand.

I don't have a picture because I was by myself, but I almost fell over from the shock when one of my SS Hamburg pullets flew right up to my shoulder to take some sunflower seeds from my hand. I love my chickens, and apparently, they love me!
big_smile.png

When you downsize because you have too many but then start shopping for more!

When you HAVE TO HAVE one of every breed just because they're all equally adorable! (Still working on that one!)

When your talking to your neighbours about (them) subdividing so your chickens can have more land (and therefore you can have more chickens!)

The best one: when you're watching the preview channel and a show called "bantam begins" scrolls through... then upon a double-take, you realize it actually said "batman begins"... omg, still can't believe that happened, and I'm not even dyslexic! :gig

Back
Top Bottom