Finish this sentence: "You know you're addicted to chickens when..."

You brought them inside for about a week to give them pedicures! (bumblefoot)
big_smile.png

you have got everyone in the family visiting the chicken coop daily and our granddaughter holding a full grown RIR hen and says, " I wish I was a chicken." Then we all got into the coversation about which breed we would want to be. It was just a fun, silly afternoon with the grandkids and chickens.

It`s hard to find shoes to go to town in because you just have to check for eggs one more time.........
lol.png

All of these are hilarious but SO TRUE! LOL! Let me see if I can think of some...

"You know you're addicted to raising backyard poultry when..."

...You get worried about staying out too late because "the birdies" aren't put to bed yet.
...You wake up at 6 or 7 AM just to let the guineas who slept in the tree last night into the run.
...You'd rather talk about your flock to your friends then anything else.
...When you visit your friends house, you can't wait to see THEIR chickens!
...You believe that chickens CAN understand you. (They don't have as small of brains as some people think!)
...You can't wait to hatch more chicks, even though you just hatched some 3 weeks ago!
...You can remember which hen hatched who, and how old they are.
...You have 25+ hens and you can tell exactly which hen laid this or that egg..
...You drag your family into TSC during the spring simply to see their chicks & ducklings.
...You use the magnetic letters & numbers on your fridge to count down until your next hatch.

I'll probably be back with more!
smile.png

Last edited:
You know your addicted to chickens when your watching a DVD and you see a flash of a chicken and you have to stop, go back andn pause on the chicken and try and guess the breed!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom