Finish this sentence: "You know you're addicted to chickens when..."

When you drive over an hour to go pick up a chicken so your other chicken won't be sad because she is alone

I've done that!
At the end of our lake there used to be an exotic poultry farm. On day helicopters and police cars were all over that place. Some time later on my way to work, I saw one chicken out in the abandoned barnyard. I talked DH to go and investigate. We peaked into the barn and saw death. There were carcasses in the wire pens. And one lone bantam hen setting on a pile of eggs. I talked DH into adopting her and building a chicken house. The hen was a real character. We called her "Biker Chick" after all the motorcycles that raced past our place the day the helicopters came. Her eggs didn't hatch so I decided she needed company. I put an ad in the paper for a bantam rooster. I paid $5 for a rooster but I was told he didn't look too good. He was absolutely beautiful but the two old guys I bought the rooster from kept saying in turns, "He don't look too good, ha, ha, ha!" My two chickens loved each other and "Biker Chick" beat the feathers out of any of my big Buffs that even looked at her "Little Cowboy". He liked to wait on a roost so he could jump on the big hens backs and go for a ride. "Little Cowboy" was such a little stud. And gentle, I would walk right up to him though he would be startled when I spoke to him. It wasn't that our little rooster, "didn't look too good, ha, ha, ha", he was blind. But "Biker Chick" watched out for him all the time that she was alive. It wasn't many days after we found her dead under their perch that he soon followed her.

when every example you give in a management meeting has the word chicken egg or feed cost management as an example like: i just bought 50 kilo of layer feed and the cost of the diesel makes keeping my chickens expensive just like our food costs in the hotel this past month....; or for explaining behavior of a co worker as in: i guess he is trying to move up in the pecking order just like my new black rosecomb bantam hen that i got a few days ago who has been mercilessly been beaten up by the head hen..

I've done that!
At the end of our lake there used to be an exotic poultry farm. On day helicopters and police cars were all over that place. Some time later on my way to work, I saw one chicken out in the abandoned barnyard. I talked DH to go and investigate. We peaked into the barn and saw death. There were carcasses in the wire pens. And one lone bantam hen setting on a pile of eggs. I talked DH into adopting her and building a chicken house. The hen was a real character. We called her "Biker Chick" after all the motorcycles that raced past our place the day the helicopters came. Her eggs didn't hatch so I decided she needed company. I put an ad in the paper for a bantam rooster. I paid $5 for a rooster but I was told he didn't look too good. He was absolutely beautiful but the two old guys I bought the rooster from kept saying in turns, "He don't look too good, ha, ha, ha!" My two chickens loved each other and "Biker Chick" beat the feathers out of any of my big Buffs that even looked at her "Little Cowboy". He liked to wait on a roost so he could jump on the big hens backs and go for a ride. "Little Cowboy" was such a little stud. And gentle, I would walk right up to him though he would be startled when I spoke to him. It wasn't that our little rooster, "didn't look too good, ha, ha, ha", he was blind. But "Biker Chick" watched out for him all the time that she was alive. It wasn't many days after we found her dead under their perch that he soon followed her.

Awe cutest chicken love story ever

Quote: Aw, that was so cute!! I'm so sorry about your chickens. :(
hugs.gif

I've done that!
This seriously made me cry...
hit.gif
That is such an amazing story.

Last edited:
I heard a rooster crowing in the mornings last summer and started to miss our old chicken days. An ad answered and now we have a flock of Delawares. I got the address were they lived and it turned out our chickens were just a few miles up our road. The rooster I'd been hearing is now mine. He's a beauty. He loves to entertain his ladies with his singing and wild dance moves (he flings out his legs to the side like a karate kick).

We named him "Elvis".

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom