Finish this sentence: "You know you're addicted to chickens when..."

When you don't even have chickens yet but you made the real estate agent CONFIRM you could keep chickens before you'd even consider buying the house she's selling. (Yes, we can!) Two years later, she still sends me emails from time to time with chicken articles attached!

You subscribe to BYC and research chickens for almost two years before even starting to build your coop.

You ask your long suffering DH to help you build a coop large enough (hopefully) to accomodate your eventual contracting of that dreaded disease called chicken math. (I'm still concerned 8'x12' isn't going to be big enough)

You talk about your coop construction and acquisition of chickens to all your friends (and most strangers) so much so that they now greet you with, "So how is the coop coming along?"

The entire staff in the lumber section of your local Lowe's knows you and your husband by name, knows you are building a coop and all of the specifics of said coop, and they ask you "what do you need for the coop this time" as soon as you walk in the door.

You've already got friends and neighbors lined up wanting to buy your eggs and you don't even have the chickens yet.

You plan the construction of your deck so that it overlooks the coop, run, and garden so you can sit and watch this chicken TV that you've heard so much about.

That's all I have for now but I'm certain there will be LOTS more once I actually get my chickies.

When you don't even have chickens yet but you made the real estate agent CONFIRM you could keep chickens before you'd even consider buying the house she's selling. (Yes, we can!) Two years later, she still sends me emails from time to time with chicken articles attached! You subscribe to BYC and research chickens for almost two years before even starting to build your coop. You ask your long suffering DH to help you build a coop large enough (hopefully) to accomodate your eventual contracting of that dreaded disease called chicken math. (I'm still concerned 8'x12' isn't going to be big enough) You talk about your coop construction and acquisition of chickens to all your friends (and most strangers) so much so that they now greet you with, "So how is the coop coming along?" The entire staff in the lumber section of your local Lowe's knows you and your husband by name, knows you are building a coop and all of the specifics of said coop, and they ask you "what do you need for the coop this time" as soon as you walk in the door. You've already got friends and neighbors lined up wanting to buy your eggs and you don't even have the chickens yet. You plan the construction of your deck so that it overlooks the coop, run, and garden so you can sit and watch this chicken TV that you've heard so much about. That's all I have for now but I'm certain there will be LOTS more once I actually get my chickies.

Wait so you've been posting on ere & you dont even have a single chicken yet??? YOU GOT IT BAD!!!!!
lau.gif

Yep, I do...and I understand admitting you have a problem is the first step. Of course, unlike most addictions, this is one you don't really want to get cured of...I guess all of us could say we've got "a chicken on our backs"! Ha Ha Ha
yep. You'll be addicted before you know it. I have 40+ and got two more today, with no plans to stop. And a haven't even got my drivers license yet, lol XD.

Back
Top Bottom