Finish this sentence: "You know you're addicted to chickens when..."

when....

watching them on closed circuit is much more interesting than "Dancing With the Stars"

lol.png

When you will travel outside in the pouring rain of a thunderstorm to check on your babies that are in a brooder on a covered porch and spend a few minutes cuddling and talking to them while lightning flashes within yards of your location...

When you will make every justification imagineable as to why you need to keep ALL the little roosters that hatched in the last oh, 5 or so hatches...

When the best part of your day is the only 30 minutes or so (lately) of free-range time your birdies get is the highlight of your evening...
roll.png

BigDaddy'sGurl :

When you will travel outside in the pouring rain of a thunderstorm to check on your babies that are in a brooder on a covered porch and spend a few minutes cuddling and talking to them while lightning flashes within yards of your location...

When you will make every justification imagineable as to why you need to keep ALL the little roosters that hatched in the last oh, 5 or so hatches...

When the best part of your day is the only 30 minutes or so (lately) of free-range time your birdies get is the highlight of your evening...
roll.png

I do that too!​

when you have done something that you know you are going to be ' in the dog house' for, you realize that you have no dog or dog house and do it so that you are going to be 'in the chicken coop'. (And you can actually run as fast as you can with your pillow and jar of mealworms!!!!!!!)
cool.png

You know you're addicted to chickens when you don't even have chickens yet and you've joined a darned chicken forum.

"Chicken train, runnin' all day,
Chicken train, take my chickens away..."

Frostbite, you'll get your chickens soon enough! I had to wait years because my parents didn't say yes, until one day randomly my dad (without me asking for over 1 year) decided we'd get chickens ! It was great.

You know you're addicted to chickens when you clean their coop out in your pyjamas before you've even had breakfast
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom