Finished duck coop 'Ducqarium'

An exquisite miniature!!
....but not sure it's practical for duck housing.
Can they go up that ramp?
Won't they peck at the stuff on the interior walls?
(maybe it's glued on tight)
Are those real plants on the porch?

Would love to see a pic from outside house with is against the window.
Will snow get in that gap?

Yes, they can go up that ramp :)
They pecked at eveything, likes they allways do with new stuff, for the first 3 minutes. And they are indeed glued to the walls.
The plants on the porch is real ivy that they dislike to eat.

That is so cute! Just like a doll house. It must have been fun planning it. Don't you worry about predators though?

At this moment, and I doubt it wil change in the future, allthough I hope the fox will be back again in the future (we live on an 1890 farm, swallowed up by the big city) we only have tiny birds of prey and some neighbours cats. They chase the neighbours cats away. I am more worried about feral cats. But since they are sleeping next to us, they can warn us and the feral cats tend to keep away from humans and their houses. :)

Okay, after a week or so in use we found a tiny inconvinience.
When our top window is open and they do a smelly poop.. we can enjoy it as wel :sick
But hey; atleast the ventilation of their coop is apparently working :lau
And my partner doesn't see it as an inconvinience because next to the cat he can also blame the ducks now when it is actuall him that has released an odor.

That is absolutely adorable! :clap
Very awesome job. All the details are amazing!
The only thing I would be concerned about is the little porch area possibly being slippery when wet.
Maybe my ducks are just clumsy but they seem to fall off of things easily. :confused:
leg/hip injuries seem to be a very common thing I've noticed with ducks. Maybe get them a welcome mat? :)

That is absolutely adorable! :clap
Very awesome job. All the details are amazing!
The only thing I would be concerned about is the little porch area possibly being slippery when wet.
Maybe my ducks are just clumsy but they seem to fall off of things easily. :confused:
leg/hip injuries seem to be a very common thing I've noticed with ducks. Maybe get them a welcome mat? :)

It goes well now, they haven't fallen of yet. But I am a bit concerned when it will be more ducks in the spring. And mating time.
Since they like being under it when it is hot, we are thinking to make a little coop of that too, we could make that longer then the upper part with a roof, so when they fall from the top they fall on that roof.

Back
Top Bottom