Finished my coop. Second night with three chickens.

jrsterling

Hatching
6 Years
Jul 1, 2013
[/IMG]

Ok. So take a look at my coop. I have two roost poles 12 inches off the coop floor. Last night I put them in the top and on the roost poles. Tonight they walked uptime ramp but did not get on the poles. There is plenty of headroom. Should I keep putting the on the poles? Will they figure it out?

Also I have two nesting boxes in the back. I used pine shavings and put a golf ball in each one so they will assume what it is for.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Jason

I was going to ask the same thing...does it have any ventilation?? Also, what are your roosts made of? 2x4?
Chickens don't like change...are very cautious of new things, so it may just take them a while. Do make sure it's not stifling in there...that could be why too.

It's hard to see but there are gaps in the wood on the sides. Also the whole floor is hardware cloth. The roost poles are dowel rods about 1.5 inches thick 12 inches from the floor. I think they have figured out to sleep upstairs but haven't figured out that is where there nesting box is. Any ideas or should I just let them get used to it?

Back
Top Bottom