Finn's thread!! Puppy is GROWING!!!

Pics
HE'S SO CUTE
cute aww GIF

Finn is great on walks, aside from walking in one direction on one side of the street. I spent maybe 10 minutes turning him around when he pulled and we were making negative progress so I picked him up and carried him home. What to do about this?

Things Finn has done today:
-Go on car ride
-see new place
-meet new dog
-meet new people
-car ride home
-new toy
-playing outside
-long walk
-new people
-walk back
-training

Things Finn has also done today:
Gone into his crate and IMMEDIATELY going for the blanket :th
I took him on a walk right before (shorter than usual because he was sooo tired) and I had the lights in the room off. He went in the crate, sat, saw the blanket, and tried to grab it. The bed that the blanket is over has elastics on the bottom and I pulled the blanket through those so it was tight, and he still went for it. When he chewed on it I interrupted the behavior with a loud noise (a loud 'AH AH!') and offered him a proper chew toy. I'm wondering if it's the blanket and not the bed? I'll test that tomorrow. When I turned out more lights, he settled down and I haven't heard anything else so I'm pretty sure that he's sleeping.

-Go on car ride
-see new place
-meet new dog
-meet new people
-car ride home
-new toy
-playing outside
-long walk
-new people
-walk back
-training

I took him on a walk right before (shorter than usual because he was sooo tired) and I had the lights in the room off. He went in the crate, sat, saw the blanket, and tried to grab it. The bed that the blanket is over has elastics on the bottom and I pulled the blanket through those so it was tight, and he still went for it. When he chewed on it I interrupted the behavior with a loud noise (a loud 'AH AH!') and offered him a proper chew toy. I'm wondering if it's the blanket and not the bed? I'll test that tomorrow. When I turned out more lights, he settled down and I haven't heard anything else so I'm pretty sure that he's sleeping.
Tomorrow I'm going to put both the bed and the blanket on the floor separately so I can see if he wants the blanket or the bed

BC if he doesn't want the blanket and is going for the blanket just to get to the bed, he could just sleep on blanket, and if he doesn't actually care about the bed and is just going for the blanket, he could just sleep on bed

-Go on car ride
-see new place
-meet new dog
-meet new people
-car ride home
-new toy
-playing outside
-long walk
-new people
-walk back
-training

Usually when they get crazy like that it means they’re overtired oddly. Like too tired. So his day seems really busy and he was probably tired and acting crazy like a toddler rather than needing more. I know it sounds contradictory lol and usually they fight sleep at first but then fall asleep within minutes. 😂🤣

Back
Top Bottom