Finn's thread!! Puppy is GROWING!!!

I might be a little late, but perhaps you could try the between command. It is very simple and easy to train, but is helpful for when you want to keep your dog close and away from something.:D
You're too late for today but I can do it tomorrow! What's the in between command?

I might be a little late, but perhaps you could try the between command. It is very simple and easy to train, but is helpful for when you want to keep your dog close and away from something.:D
Oh, like between your legs? I'm worried that there's no point in training stuff like that (also weave) because he'll get so big that it would be difficult for him to do them properly.

I've added a hand touch to his recall so that he can't just run past me and have it count, and also has to run all the way to me. He has to touch his nose to my hand.

I'd like to teach Finn something new today....any ideas?
Different day, but have you taught "off" yet? Or some other command that means the same thing. I've used it for "don't eat that" or "don't put your mouth on that." I find mealtimes great for practice-- "off" makes the dog wait, "OK" or some other release word lets them eat. But I could also say "off" and then pick up a piece of food that had been dropped, or use it to keep the dog from licking the baby, or quite a few other situations. It was even handy for trimming toenails-- my former Labrador Retriever had to work so hard at not-eating a piece of dog food that she didn't pay much attention to what I was doing with her feet ;) Of course I let her have the food as a reward at the end.

Different day, but have you taught "off" yet? Or some other command that means the same thing. I've used it for "don't eat that" or "don't put your mouth on that." I find mealtimes great for practice-- "off" makes the dog wait, "OK" or some other release word lets them eat. But I could also say "off" and then pick up a piece of food that had been dropped, or use it to keep the dog from licking the baby, or quite a few other situations. It was even handy for trimming toenails-- my former Labrador Retriever had to work so hard at not-eating a piece of dog food that she didn't pay much attention to what I was doing with her feet ;) Of course I let her have the food as a reward at the end.
I've taught 'leave it' which means 'take your nose away from what you're trying to get' and I'm working on 'drop it' which means 'open your mouth so this falls out'.

Oh, like between your legs? I'm worried that there's no point in training stuff like that (also weave) because he'll get so big that it would be difficult for him to do them properly.
I'm not sure how tall Finn will get, but one of my dogs is about 25 inches. She can still fit! :lol:
Maybe you could teach play dead...?

Back
Top Bottom