Firearms

Quote:
I've been mulling that question over for the past few months. A-C separation in my rt shoulder has me wondering when and if I will ever get back in th game. I shoot, or did, a lot of high power .30 cal. You just don't do that unless you have good shoulders.

I have not done anything rash yet, but still waiting to see how my therapy goes. I'm also 64 years old and have a lifetime of accumulating firearms, not many holes in my collection left to fill and that is only when and if i can shoot again. Lefty shooting is just not really an option as I still need to extend my right arm to the forend which as of yet is not comfortable. Doctor said might be 12-18 months.

Quote:
I've been mulling that question over for the past few months. A-C separation in my rt shoulder has me wondering when and if I will ever get back in th game. I shoot, or did, a lot of high power .30 cal. You just don't do that unless you have good shoulders.

I have not done anything rash yet, but still waiting to see how my therapy goes. I'm also 64 years old and have a lifetime of accumulating firearms, not many holes in my collection left to fill and that is only when and if i can shoot again. Lefty shooting is just not really an option as I still need to extend my right arm to the forend which as of yet is not comfortable. Doctor said might be 12-18 months.

OH! Don't give up. It takes time to heal. Besides, it might be a good excuse to get "one more gun." Physical therapy will help with the arm extension and range of motion, and maybe you might want to think about shooting a smaller caliber. Okay, yes, I'm a female, but gee whiz.... If Roy Weatherby could shoot elephants with his .257, why would I need a bigger gun?

I've shot larger calibers, but honestly, I'm more comfortable shooting something like a .6mm, .257 or even a .270 with not too heavy of a load. My family all used to bring me their rifles to sight in for them. Some of them were guns that I would never hunt with (too big for me!) In the end, several of them ended up ditching their 300 win mags and going with a little smaller gun. In the meantime they had learned to "flinch" and none of them were as accurate at shooting as myself. It doesn't matter how big your gun is if you hit them in the leg or miss all together.

Give your arm some time. You don't want to start flinching because it hurts when you shoot. Then when you do start.... start small. If you've got a lifetime collection, I'm sure you've got some good options. Might be a good time to dig out some of those old timers in the back of the closet.

My hubby bought me my first gun last Christmas, the only part that sucked was waiting till it was warm enough to go to the range!! It is a black Sig Sauer 22. I LOVE IT!! Can't wait to get a 38 and a rifle!
big_smile.png

Quote:

Another low recoil round is a .243. Very accurate and deadly. A low recoil .270 maybe also? Whats the chance to learn to shoot off hand? I actually practice this with my rifles. I also shoot my revovler/pistols both left and right handed.

Quote:
I've got a stainless Super Redhawk and it's a toss up between that or my Kimber gold match .45 as my fav pistol, rifle would have to be a Kimber 84M. We even have his and her models, one in .243 and one in 7mm-08.
smile.png
The husband and wife that shoots together stays together...... unless you are shooting at each other!

I would highly recommend reloading if you are thinking about it. After the set up it cuts down your ammo costs alot and it's relaxing to boot.

Steve

Yes. My husband and I shoot together.

The Judge. I keep that at home in a strategic spot.

Favorite guns? OMG. I can't name one. Favorite .22LR. Old Marlin 39A with Ballard rifling.
Favorite deer gun: Hard to name one. I love my Weatherby .257mag. I also love my old Remington BDL in a 6mm. (It's the older style.)
Favorite shotgun: The one I DON'T have! Beretta 390 Urika in a 20ga.
Pistol: Glock 26 in 9mm.

I like a lot of the others, too.

Here's a question I may have asked before. (Excuse me if I did.) Just how many guns does one person need?

Answer-Just one MORE!

Just one more? I like your thinking!

Nice guns, are they your collection Sir Birdaholic?

Last edited:
Glad I found this thread.

There are some very nice pics on here.

AS to how many is enough, my husband says you can never have too many, that goes for ammo also.

My favorite is one that will never be fired again. It is a John Harrison custom 1911. My husband bought it and I immediately told him it was mine. I DO LOVE those ivory grips. I'll have to look up a pic and post it.

As to how many, I'v got more than a hand full of handguns and more than three handfuls of long guns, the last being an AR type .223.Would really like to have a pair of Barretts one in .50 cal and one of the newer .416 calibers

Back
Top Bottom