Fired for being too attractive

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickened, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Texas Wolf

Texas Wolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2012
    :lol:

2. hemet dennis

hemet dennis Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm undecided as she worked there for 10 years but at sometime she had discussed her sex life with him. And I have to wonder why she hasn't found another job doing the same thing.

3. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    She was probably pending her lawsuit and lost. Her lawyer probably told her to not get another dental assistant job until after the appeals process. The dentist did the right thing most likely for the wife's sake.

4. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    I can't repost statements allegedly made by the boss, as they are inappropriate for this forum. It really doesn't matter to me personally what happened in his particular case, the comments on this and other articles tell me what I need to know about the culture at large. American culture still grips onto the notion that men can not control their basest instincts and desires, that women do not have as strong of a sexual drive, and that women are always legitimately and purposefully inflaming those desires. It is a message tha disgusts my husband as much as myself. It doesn't particularly surprise me however.

1 person likes this.
  5. feathers4fun

feathers4fun Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2010
    Oregon
    AGREE!! Kudos to not just the court system for defending family values but also to this husband for making the right choice by removing her from his place of work,at wife's request after she found personal text messages that were inappropriate. Husband could've made the wrong choice like General Petraeus.
    And if the "victim" was such a stellar employee, I also wonder why she's not found work in the same field.

6. chickened

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    I suspect the wife was the driving force behind the firing although he didn't really have to but maybe firing was cheaper than a divorce.

7. punk-a-doodle

Apr 15, 2011
    Maybe? Maybe not. Divorce costs and jealousy don't change the social message. The creepy, creepy message.

I have a sudden urge to roll around in industrial strength cleansers.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  8. chickened

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    The boss is a creep. The wife apparently works there also and I suspect there has been some enmity between her and the woman that got fired. The text messages were probably the last straw. It was a landmark ruling by the court and I think because there was no protected class involved.

9. punk-a-doodle

Apr 15, 2011
    I actually do think he was in his legal rights to fire her....just on a moral and unhealthy social messages level...ewwwwwwwwww.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by