Fired up the bators!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by silverfilly, Feb 20, 2009.

1. silverfilly

silverfilly Peepin N' Cheepin

Jan 25, 2008
    Kansas
    I have fired up my bators, both of them LG. And Im seting 2 doz mixed heavy breed eggs, 12 marans, 10 soposed to be marans (dont get me started), 18 BR, 12 RIR, and 14 blue turkens, wish me luck!

was only soposed to buy 1 "thing" of eggs hubby said, almost freeked when he seen both bators fired up..lol. We will have lots of fuzzy butts in a few weeks1

21 days left!

2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm fighting the urge to pull mine out... not to mention the extra one I picked up at a sale last summer.... [​IMG]

3. silverfilly

Jan 25, 2008
    Kansas
    I say go for it!!! I dont want to be the only crazy one, still dont know what possesed me to start out with nearly 100 eggs!

4. timbofarms

timbofarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    Humboldt/West TN
    I fired my bator up yesterday and hope to get some maran eggs tomorrow. [​IMG][​IMG]

5. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Happy hatching. That's a great mix of breeds you have.

My LG and Brinsea are both sitting idle.

6. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I've got 2 bators and a hatcher full, plus brooders everywhere!! I'm trying to resist using my friend's borrowed bator that needs to go back, so my son is learning just how yummy quail eggs are! [​IMG] So don't feel bad, you aren't the only crazy one! [​IMG]

7. Guitartists

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Quote:Are you gonna let me bring my bators and crash on your couch when DH throws me out!?! [​IMG]

He still doesn't know about the 10 new chicks at the other house [​IMG] I've got to find a nice safe place out of sight and mind before I fire that bator up... [​IMG] I'll be cleaning out a spot in the garage this weekend [​IMG] I was told as long as I don;t bring them IN the house like last time.... they had to brood in our diningroom [​IMG]

8. silverfilly

Jan 25, 2008
    Kansas
    As long as you bring your bators SURE!! [​IMG]

Now they have been in the bator about 2 hours Im ready to candle them all ready [​IMG] this is sooo going to be a longggg 21 dys [​IMG]

9. Guitartists

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    LMAO A long 21 days for sure! [​IMG] Hang in there...... before you know it you'll be surrounded by fuzzybutts! [​IMG]

I MUST clean out a spot in that garage tomorrow! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by