firing up the incubator - help

cluck-addict

Songster
10 Years
May 31, 2009
MN
This will be my first and only hatch of the year. OK,,,, first hatch ever. 41 eggs and I"M so excited. I bought a hovabator and would love to hear any tips or secrets. ANyone like the dry method?

Please advise.

Thanks

Which hovabator did you get? Does it have a fan? That will help determine appropriate settings for your equipment. The dry hatch doesn't work well here and is really dependent on the environment where you are, whether it will work for you or not.

I keep my humidity around 50% the first 18 days and then increase to 65-70% the last 3 days for hatch. This is in a GQF Sportsman and 1588 Genesis Hovabator. I typically get 100% hatches using my method.

What are you hatching? I wish you much success!

I can't offer any advice but I can offer encouragement. You can do this.
yippiechickie.gif

I got the 1588 with a turner. I've got a whole hodge podge coming. A bunch of banty chochins, Wellsummers, French copper marans, easter eggers, orphigntons, and some white leghorns.

I just am so excited.

Its pretty humid in MN right now. Guess if it stays at 60% humidity or so dry I'll leave it dry but add water to get it where I need it.

I'm leaving work early tomorrow to catch the mailman. The hubby doesn't know I ordered so many!

ITs all set up and getting stable.
smile.png

The 1588 is preset at 100 but some of the sites I've read say to keep the bator at 84-86 degrees? What gives?

Back
Top Bottom