First Aid Kit

We probably should get back on topic as far as a First Aid Kit. If anyone wants to start another thread to talk about banned drugs, please do so. I think we got off topic. I would hate for this thread to be reported and closed. It wouldn't be fair to the OP.

I wonder what the feds say about other drugs that are NOT approved for poultry and people use these OTC drugs to help their chickens? :idunno
There are several OTC meds that are labeled for cattle, etc and are not labeled for the use in poultry and soooooooooooo many people use these drugs and they breed and sell poultry. Go figure. ;)

I was just going to mention that... I believe that the FDA says it's okay to use drugs not labeled for use in poultry as long as you are doing it with veterinary supervision. I'll see if I can find the link that said that.

I wonder what the feds say about other drugs that are NOT approved for poultry and people use these OTC drugs to help their chickens? :idunno
There are several OTC meds that are labeled for cattle, etc and are not labeled for the use in poultry and soooooooooooo many people use these drugs and they breed and sell poultry. Go figure. ;)

I was just going to mention that... I believe that the FDA says it's okay to use drugs not labeled for use in poultry as long as you are doing it with veterinary supervision. I'll see if I can find the link that said that.

I wonder what the % is for those who have "veterinary supervision"? I would say the lower percentile. Not too many vets will see poultry.

No where near the % it should be. Not everyone has a vet they can call whenever who will answer questions and even come out free of charge to help out.

I agree. My nearest avian vet is 1 1/2 hours away but we do have a vet school that is 1 hour away and they also have an avian vet. The vets in my area will not even touch a chicken and that's a shame. I wonder why vet schools don't include birds and waterfowl as part of their "lesson" so that these vets can know what to do with chickens, turkeys, geese, ducks and pea fowl.

Back
Top Bottom