First Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon- Join us! Set Day: Easter

SCG = pharmacist =
duc.gif

I don't advertise it, but I do have muscovy eggs. One is definitely a boy. He's twice the size of the the 2 girls. And he is . . umm . . . on the job . . . shall I say. I hadn't planned on selling them, just making yummy cakes! I haven't found a recipe yet so the eggs are stored with my hatching eggs ( really it's just in case I get a powerful, uncontrollable urge to incubate them, which can't happen because my incubator is full for another 2 weeks!!!)

I hear you on that, and thank you for letting me know. At this point I think I'd better not start anything else until after this hatch. My timing on the turkeys is not ideal, because they will be due to hatch right as we are moving house. Its not a huge deal because we will be going back and forth between the two houses for weeks after that so can move them when they seem stable after hatch but....I don't think I'll set anything else until we are settled in the new place.

I've discovered, hypothetically, that pink-eye can be treated very well and quickly with a 1 to 20 ratio of injectable Tylan 50 to sterile saline solution. I'm sure that someone will give all of the reasons not to use this hypothetical treatment, but I haven't access to any prescription drops without lying to my internist or paying $75 for a vet office visit. I have found that Vetericyn isn't working on it, and my local feed stores have delayed treatment by promising it would be in, and it hasn't yet arrived. I hypothetically felt desperate. Her eyes are hypothetically infinitely better. Yay!!
Yay for hypotheticals - you are so funny! Oh goodness, I think I'm going to give that a try though. My little splash silkie - Mildred - has had a "runny" eye ever since I've had her. At first I thought there must be a foreign body causing it but after many exams, I don't think that's it. I've tried Vetericyn and another eye formula called "Calm Eyes" and neither seems to work for long. The Calm Eyes didn't seem to have any affect at all. The Vetericyn I thought had worked but a few days later noticed it was looking bad again. I'm actually leaning now towards thinking she has an overactive tear duct - it runs so much that the feathers on her face are constantly matted with the dried liquid. She really doesn't like me messing with it but was calm tonight and again I couldn't see anything IN it that would be causing distress. So perhaps your hypothetical solution will hypothetically be good for her eye too.

That's a great idea, hypothetically.

I mailed the prizes to NotAFarm and Karimw today. The post office lady asked if I wanted to insure them, I said, "Oh NO, I trust y'all, I know you will treat it like it is fine crystal and take good care of it!" She looked at me as if I had suggested she should paint her butt blue. There were a couple of snickers from the people in line. Let me know it they arrive all beat up because of my smart mouth, I couldn't resist. She said they should be delivered Wednesday or Thursday.

That's a great idea, hypothetically.

I mailed the prizes to NotAFarm and Karimw today. The post office lady asked if I wanted to insure them, I said, "Oh NO, I trust y'all, I know you will treat it like it is fine crystal and take good care of it!" She looked at me as if I had suggested she should paint her butt blue. There were a couple of snickers from the people in line. Let me know it they arrive all beat up because of my smart mouth, I couldn't resist. She said they should be delivered Wednesday or Thursday.

Back
Top Bottom