First Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon- Join us! Set Day: Easter

Oh Wisher, I thought of another diclaimer you should probably add:

Caution: This prize may (or may not, but probably will) cause you to want to hatch every breed in the book. Winning said prize does not, in any way, allow you to blame the contest coordinators or Wisher (hereafter known as "contest master") for your probable chicken hatching addiction. Contest coordinators and contest master are absolved of any responsibility now and in the future for any collateral damage. Collateral damage may or may not (this list is not to be considered all inclusive) include: extra expenses for additional coops, extra expenses for additional chick/chicken feed, additional family members becoming hatch-a-holics, permanently disfigured noses from pressing against incubators or any other side effects not mentioned herein. If you, or a family member need help with your hatching addiction, please call either: 1-800-STOPMEE (if you want to quit) or 1-800-LUVCHIK (if you want to continue and meet other crazies).

CYA Wisher CYA (BTW you can make the print as small as you want on that
wink.png
)
gig.gif

Last edited:
To Karimw: The BBW eggs came from my new turkeys! They most definitely do breed naturally....I have a father-son combination of toms. I also have 5 eggs in the bator that are developing nicely. And more been laid everyday or two.

My toms are about 25-30 pounds....large, but not huge. Since I got them from a friend who never planned to eat them, they weren't fattened up.

Tom One is such a pet he follows you around the yard and bumps your leg to get your attention. He loves to have his head scratched. Yesterday he tried to crawl into my lap to sit down. That was a bit much!

May I have mine in purple? Deep dark purple plush? For some reason I'm flashing back to 6th grade in the 70's to a favorite pair of pants . . .
celebrate.gif

For some reason I keep seeing this:

To Karimw: The BBW eggs came from my new turkeys! They most definitely do breed naturally....I have a father-son combination of toms. I also have 5 eggs in the bator that are developing nicely. And more been laid everyday or two.

My toms are about 25-30 pounds....large, but not huge. Since I got them from a friend who never planned to eat them, they weren't fattened up.

Tom One is such a pet he follows you around the yard and bumps your leg to get your attention. He loves to have his head scratched. Yesterday he tried to crawl into my lap to sit down. That was a bit much!

That is so cool! Do you ship hatching eggs? Darn...... You really need a disclaimer against temptation on your posts too...

SCG I just did a quick over the top kind of candling that Linda does on 12 of the turkey eggs. I was able to see veining in some of them, including one of Lurkey's eggs (I have 12 in the Brinsea and the rest in the styrobator) I only have one of Lurkey's eggs in the Brinsea since I just grabbed 12 out of the other bator after I got the Brinsea cleaned up from the Easter hatch. At least there is definite hope that the eggs are fertile. Are you able to see any veining in yours?

2. The prize is a hardback copy of "Extraordinary Chickens" by S. Green-Armytage. The winner will be determined by popular vote. Final decisions or tie breakers will be determined and the sole opinion of The Committee. The winner will be required to provide his/her mailing address to Wisher1000 and to post a picture of self in said straight jacket.
3. Participation and mileage may vary, void where prohibited. Many will enter, one will win. Paid employees of the First Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatch and their families are not eligible. Batteries not included
6. Caution: Receipt of this prize may (or may not, but probably will) increase or cause the desire to hatch every breed featured in the book. BYC, The First Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatch, The Poultry Yoga Contest, nor it's affiliates, coordinators, sponsors, or participants can be held liable or responsible in any way. Wisher (hereafter known as "Contest Master") and other contest coordinators are absolved of any responsibility now and in the future for any collateral damage. Collateral damage includes, but shall not be limited to: extra expenses for additional coops, extra expenses for additional chick/chicken feed, additional family members becoming hatch-a-holics, permanently disfigured noses from pressing against incubators or any other side effects not mentioned herein. If you, or a family member need help with your hatching addiction, please call either: 1-800-STOPMEE (if you want to quit) or 1-800-LUVCHIK (if you want to continue and meet other crazies). Oh, heck, just join us in this hatch-a-long and have fun!

Okay, you guys are cracking me up!
lau.gif
Is there a wetting your pants icon? (what can I say, I'm old, sometimes I leak)

Has everybody candled yet or just SCG?
tongue2.gif

Other than lockdown, I do all my candling by just touching the top of the egg with the candler. So I did a quick touch to each egg last night and there was clear veining in one of the Palm eggs.

big_smile.png

Deb

SCG I just did a quick over the top kind of candling that Linda does on 12 of the turkey eggs. I was able to see veining in some of them, including one of Lurkey's eggs (I have 12 in the Brinsea and the rest in the styrobator) I only have one of Lurkey's eggs in the Brinsea since I just grabbed 12 out of the other bator after I got the Brinsea cleaned up from the Easter hatch. At least there is definite hope that the eggs are fertile. Are you able to see any veining in yours?

I've only candled two, the others I was waiting until day 10 for (my psychosis is only half baked). The smooshed egg is a dud, and I think the other one I candled was too, but it's still too early for me to give up on. Definitely the one silkie egg is a dud, meaning I'll have one lone silkie for about a week. I threw your chicken eggs in last night to try and remedy that situation a day sooner. I wonder if I could give the silkie to a broody, I've still got plenty of broodies despite Black Betty's recent death. And last night I had a red sex link on the nest growling and half bald on her belly.

Back
Top Bottom