First Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon- Join us! Set Day: Easter

Quote:
Enablers?............who?...........us?
hu.gif

No way!!

Quote:
I saw down your way there were some Bard Ronks in the Craig's List ads, and also I saw there were a whole bunch or Rhodesian Reds!!
When I posted my Easter chicks for sale, I got a call from someone wanting to know if I had any New Jersey chickens.

Deb

Does anyone have pics of 3 week old Royal Palm turkey poults? Mine are solid white and I am wondering if I got Midget Whites instead. They had both in the same brooder at the store and one young guy told me the yellower ones where the RP and the owner said the whiter ones were the RP. I went with the owner because I figured he would be more likely to know. There is no black on them anywhere. When does the black show up (if they are RP?) I realize it will take longer if they are MW.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Well, I candled again last night and took out 7 of 13 Bourbon Reds and 3 of 9 Narragansetts. Still have 3 I don't think are doing anything but left them in until LD, but have 5 BR and 4 N doing great.
ya.gif
But one of BR looks like there might be two in it, which worries me.
sad.png
Has anyone ever hatched twin poults? But the chicken eggs I set are a dismal failure. I only have 4 out of 16 I hope are developing. The rest are clear or early quitters. Hope I get at least a couple to be turkey tutors.
fl.gif
I also have 17 pheasant eggs, but really can't see anything, so those will just be a surprise if any hatch.

Does anyone have pics of 3 week old Royal Palm turkey poults? Mine are solid white and I am wondering if I got Midget Whites instead. They had both in the same brooder at the store and one young guy told me the yellower ones where the RP and the owner said the whiter ones were the RP. I went with the owner because I figured he would be more likely to know. There is no black on them anywhere. When does the black show up (if they are RP?) I realize it will take longer if they are MW.
big_smile.png

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

What page was the original picture for the caption contest posted? I can't find it. And what where the sites you can use to edit them and add the word bubbles?

I put my turkey tutors in lockdown tonight. I like to have the chickens arrive before the first poult arrives.
fl.gif

I rearranged the incubators today. Because I have about 5 dozen eggs to put in this weekend, I decided to use the homemade as the incubator as it is deeper and I can stack 4 deep easily.

Only I didn't count on both the LG and Henny Penny going beserk after the change. I can only stay up most of the night until I"m sure they will behave. One more month of hatching, then I'm slowing down . . . . well maybe not . . ..
big_smile.png

What page was the original picture for the caption contest posted? I can't find it. And what where the sites you can use to edit them and add the word bubbles?

The original picture is in post 919 on page 92. SCG has two places where you can edit them on the very bottom of post 920, page 92. Have fun! I'd link but I'm link challenged. LOL

Back
Top Bottom