First Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon- Join us! Set Day: Easter

I got some Turkey Tutors in the mail today - Silver Penciled Rocks from Dick Horstman!

SInce some are obviously older I had to run get food and rig up a waterer so they would survive the day at work. The racket has now died down from unhappy screeching to the quiet murmer of contented chicks. This shipment took me a little by surprise. I had the chicks before he told me they were coming
roll.png

Last edited:
I am getting excited!
wee.gif
Only a few more days before hatch day. I only have 1 of 7 royal palm eggs that showed any development so I am
fl.gif
that it hatches!

I don't know about that.
hmm.png
I sent some eggs and the person who received them said it looked like a large boot print on the top. The box was clearly marked "Fragile". Maybe the machines wear boots?
rant.gif
I've gotten boxes that I know have even been run over. Tread marks! And if the box is marked thats when they come in the worse shape. I didn't mark my boxes when I first started shipping, but once I started I got reports of broken eggs. None before. And the term "Postal" doesn't mean they have to go in with a gun. Just bust up some boxes and take out your frustration. I also got a box once that had been opened, eggs smashed and put into a plastic bag with the postal emblem on it and taped back up. The seller didn't even know they had those bags and hadn't put one in. It's just like saying you're just paranoid thinking a waiter would spit in your food. Treat one of the one's I used to work with bad, and you'd be sorry. I've never done anything that discusting, but I was working a party of over 300 people and a guy at one of my tables kept putting his foot out to trip me. He started with the salad and it happened all the way through dessert. I walked out with a big oval tray full of pitchers of ice water and he did it again. OOPS! I let myself trip that time.He's just lucky I took the coffee pots of just in case he did it again. His table and 3 surrounding ones cheered and laughed and his wife chewed him out and smacked him. Not good when your mother is the boss though, but I saw her smile when she walked in her office with her boss. I even got to talk Sometimes you just have enough. Sometimes people are just plain mean and don't care. I know people who work at a hub out here and they agree that a lot is on purpose

Let me see, at my local post office.

Hand clerk the box and say, "These are fertile hatching eggs". Clerk checks in the box, then picks it up and smacks it down on the counter as she says, "Okay". She was just signifying our transaction was finished and the smack was a physical exclamation mark to the end of her sentence.

Hand clerk the box. He looks at it and shakes it while saying, "Is there anything fragile in here?". I say "Yes, that's why there is a large FRAGILE sign on all six sides of the box."

Same clerk as above, rotates the box and looks at all six sides (mind you, this is a standard PO priority box, nothing much to see). I say, "They are eggs, please be careful, see the large black arrows on all four sides saying which side is up?"

Don't even get me started on trying to get boxes labeled.................."Hold for pickup". I know they are there, they can't find them at least ten times now. Mind you, this is a small town post office, the entire building is about the same size as my house.

Deb

This had five adult birds in it, and the cardboard was soaked through wet and starting to disintegrate. The box was gaping open in several spots.

There had been nothing packed with the birds as a water source, so no excuse for the wet cardboard unless someone was trying to pour water in for them. (They were packed with cucumber for moisture and were only travelling overnight, they didn't need a drink).

I had to wrap my arms around this box and slide it into my truck without anyone escaping. If they had, they'd still be running around the warehouse district or more likely hit by cars on the freeway.

Deb

Quote:
I don't know about that.
hmm.png
I sent some eggs and the person who received them said it looked like a large boot print on the top. The box was clearly marked "Fragile". Maybe the machines wear boots?
rant.gif

I read a post where the person worked for the usps and he witnessed the abusive handling personally. And speed is the name of the game, purposeful rough handling aside, packages take a beating. I used to work for a mail order company. THe packers had to pack well or the package may not make into the truck with the item unbroken. Recently someone wrote about the package left at an empty house for almost a week; it sat on the door step night and day until someone found it. How good are those eggs. Not all USPS workers are created equal. ONe box of eggs I mailed last month resulted in over half the eggs broken or crushed AND it was mailed in a USPS priority box!!! I got my money back for the shipment, but I was out on the cost of the eggs to reship.

While my po people are nice, the in between handling po to po is not. ANd just because it says fragile doesn't mean it is handled carefully. It will still go on the belt , besubject to the vibrations and jarring of boxes slamming together and then dropping off the end of the belt. That is not Handle with Care.

I like my PO and the employees are kind and thoughtful. I love to visit for a few minutes.

Back
Top Bottom