First attack on my baby chicks !! So sad

Love your GSD. I have one too! She tried to lick the Blu-Kote off my lil 10 week old Polish! She was attacked 2 weeks ago, fortunately mine is on the mend. Here is a picture of my Blu-kote licker.
Another beauty....I really would love a big dog but I"m not very good at dog obedience training. My yorkie never listens to me.

Another beauty....I really would love a big dog but I"m not very good at dog obedience training. My yorkie never listens to me.
Yorkies are cute but by no means the measure of a dog. German Shepherds are head strong but once they understand the rules very rarely mess up. Do not try to graduate to the Belgian Malloinois though unless you are really really comfortable with shepherds. This guy is the most trying breed I have ever owned. It is like living with a lawyer seeking loopholes.

Lol, Yorkies are much different than a big dog. Yes, obedience is a must with breeds that are big and confident. All my chickens would be dead without her advance obedience. But, then again I love training her.

I’m not sure if it’s bad luck or not. But my trap didn’t go off last night. It ate the whole can of cat food and came back up stairs to the porch. I had forgotten my mealies.. and of course it ripped the bag. I looked out my porch and didn’t want to turn on the light for fear of scarring it away. I regret not turning it on. Because I heard something fall and went to look and just couldn’t see it in the early hours of the morning. And it had to be right in front of me. I’m hoping tonight we trap it. Once again, I have to go out to lysol and Clorox my porch and hose everything off. No telling who else’s trash it’s been into and could be carrying that unwanted virus. My dogs dig perk up when we heard a crash and for once barked.

my larger of the small dogs is a Yorkie. but she’s 15lbs, a larger Yorkie. the other one is a Yorkie/papillon and very tiny. I will not get another small dog again. My purpose was for travel and still they can’t travel with us. but small dogs are suppose to be great watch dogs , if that means just the deers😌

But my trap didn’t go off last night. It ate the whole can of cat food
Make sure you can easily trigger the trap.
I use a long screwdriver to push down the trigger plate through the wire
My trap was hard to trip, so I set it so the rod was just partially through the loop on the door.
It was easy to trip with a lite touch of the screwdriver afterwards.
I also only popped the tab on the cat food so the coon had to work at getting it open.
20200714_084834.jpg

I hope you get it next time. GC

Try an ear of corn tied to the back wall of the trap. I’ve had racoons reach over the tilt plate to take bait without the trap door closing. And plan on resetting your trap over and over. They do travel in family groups. I’ve gotten 4 racoons I the last few weeks and saw another one tonite so I’ll be trapping again tomorrow.

I couldn’t believe it.. this time we zip tied the cans to the back of the cage. The cans are empty and we are are dealing with a clever raccoon :( the traps were not triggered. We set 3 traps. Corn has not been available in my area.

im so frustrated with this. Thankfully it did not push threw my porch door this time. I had blocked it off. 4 times it’s been in my yard! I believe it’s only one raccoon To be this smart.

Has anyone tried a chicken leg?? I’m desperate to rid it and I’m thinking of tapping into my freezer. A chicken leg would allow me to string it and hopefully allow for some tugging. But should the leg stay frozen or thawed ? We have little to no brush in our yard

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom