First baby born in my program...PIC HEAVY ~~UPDATE~~

Quote:
I'm not upset. I probably sounded like I was in my post because it was so early this morning when I typed it. No problem.

Charlie may not be as adoptable as she seems in the pictures. She runs away from everyone except me. She won't even let my DH near her. It took me a long time to get her to warm up to me.

Quote:
She needs to be around more people other than just me...then maybe she can go to a good home.

I would take her and the baby in a heart beat. I could use a good barn cat and since she's been living on her own she would be perfect. My other 3 cats are just too used to the comfort of sleeping in my bed to stay out in barn at night. Wish I lived closer I'd come get her and baby. They are too cute.

I've domesticated many wild stray cats too. Like you said takes time, love, persistence - all 3 of my cats used to be strays just not wild and living on own. My 6 month old kitten was born to feral mamma though and eventhough I caught it when it was 6 weeks old (because it was deaf and had feral palsy) and raised it ever since - it still won't let you cuddle it or hold it - and stays outside in the woods till it's ready to come in and eat and then right back out. He says "I'm wild - my mama be wild and I'm wild."

Then there's Morris, the cat, who showed up starving and in poor health just like Lucy our dog. They both have Scarlett O'Hara Syndrom. You know:

"As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again. If I have to lie, steal, kill, as God is my witness I will NEVER be hungry again". So they are both so fat and eat constantly.

Sounds like BearSwampChick's Toby also has Scarlett O'Hara Syndrom. Most strays do. But they also turn into the most affectionate pets because, in my opinion, they are so grateful.

Just an update:

Charlie was spayed today. The vet said she had only 1 ovary and tube and they tied her tube. The baby is up for adoption. Her name is Charolette. She's a cutie. I can post a pic tomorrow.

The vet estimated Charlie is 1-2 years old. She's been around for 2 years so she is at least 2. The vet said there is no mistaking the fact that she is feral. She wouldn't let anyone touch her. I'm the only one she trust so she'll stay with me. Her baby needs a good home though. The baby is a bit of a wild child. She requires a lot of attention too.

Back
Top Bottom