My "pride" of silly kitties

Skye'sDucks

Crowing
5 Years
May 13, 2018
The 'too much sunshine' sunshine state
I have not talked about any of my pets in a long while so now you all get to hear more about my cats!

I was thinking of dedicating a thread to their stupid little faces, anyone care to see some silly kitties?

I call them my "pride" because all four were named after Lion King characters. We have Sarabi, Simba, Nala, and Serafina.

They were previously feral cats--the story is a bit long, so I'll boil it down to: a mama (feral) cat brought her kittens to our yard. When old enough, we trapped and released all of them (spaying and neutering). Mama cat left us (as far as I know she's alive and well, just doesn't come around) but the kittens stayed. All four. My dad at first wasn't thrilled but now he plays with them and feeds them along with me and the rest of our family. 😂

Key to kitties: Nala is the gray. Serafina is the calico. Simba is the bigger orange one -- he's got longer white 'socks' on his front legs. Sarabi is the smaller, fatter orange kitty with two white front paws.

Attachments

• 20220510_171906.jpg
    20220510_171906.jpg
    636.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20220410_180459.jpg
    20220410_180459.jpg
    578.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 20211103_144105.jpg
    20211103_144105.jpg
    584.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220305_124328.jpg
    20220305_124328.jpg
    665.5 KB · Views: 3
I also have feral rescues. They are spayed/neutered, and ear-tipped.
View my Avatar.
I don't have any pix handy on this new computer.
Have 4 regulars, and one visitor,, He sometimes camps out overnight, inside the garage where my cats sleep for the night. He stays somewhere,, and is well fed. When he visits, ,,, will snack on cat food sometimes,, and other times passes it.

Sorry I abandoned this!

Kitty photo dump time. :) All are from the last few weeks or so.

Sarabi (orange kitty) is the one lucky cat who gets to come inside from time to time. I can't say I wholly trust any of our other kitties indoors...but Sarabi is very chill. I'd say she's the tamest of all four--she's so confident and trusts us completely, whereas our other kitties can be skittish every now and again.

Simba, other orange kitty, is the one knocked out on the porch. My mom said he looked like road kill 😂

And then you have the sweet girls, Nala (gray) and Serafina (calico). Sera is doing her favorite thing: napping lol. She sleeps the most out of the 4.

Attachments

• 20220619_190918 (1).jpg
    20220619_190918 (1).jpg
    535.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1072.jpg
    IMG_1072.jpg
    591.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220815_100315.jpg
    20220815_100315.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20221108_123235.jpg
    20221108_123235.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3
Great photos of your beauties, and your post brought back some happy memories.

Like your Sarabi, my orange cat, Pumpkin, was the only one of the litter affectionately known as the "Bad Cats" who was allowed indoors. That is, until the day that he leaped onto a tall piece of furniture sending a potted plant crashing to the hardwood floor.

Vandalism aside, he was the most trustworthy in his litter of four and overwhelmingly, the most lovable. Before he passed away from a tumor (despite surgery to remove it), he got his lifelong wish to be a house cat. Final photos show him curled up on the sofa, the rocking chair and the hearth.

BTW, Serafina's markings are gorgeous!

Sorry I abandoned this!

Kitty photo dump time. :) All are from the last few weeks or so.

Sarabi (orange kitty) is the one lucky cat who gets to come inside from time to time. I can't say I wholly trust any of our other kitties indoors...but Sarabi is very chill. I'd say she's the tamest of all four--she's so confident and trusts us completely, whereas our other kitties can be skittish every now and again.

Simba, other orange kitty, is the one knocked out on the porch. My mom said he looked like road kill 😂

And then you have the sweet girls, Nala (gray) and Serafina (calico). Sera is doing her favorite thing: napping lol. She sleeps the most out of the 4.
Great photos of your beauties, and your post brought back some happy memories.

Like your Sarabi, my orange cat, Pumpkin, was the only one of the litter affectionately known as the "Bad Cats" who was allowed indoors. That is, until the day that he leaped onto a tall piece of furniture sending a potted plant crashing to the hardwood floor.

Vandalism aside, he was the most trustworthy in his litter of four and overwhelmingly, the most lovable. Before he passed away from a tumor (despite surgery to remove it), he got his lifelong wish to be a house cat. Final photos show him curled up on the sofa, the rocking chair and the hearth.

BTW, Serafina's markings are gorgeous!
All of our cats and dogs and some of our horses are rescues. I would never say they have stupid faces!

I have 2 cats, this is my favorite one, Purrcules.
View attachment 3398295
Many years ago, DS and I were at Walmart garden center. There was a cat in there, and possibly not able to get out, because of a tall chain-link fence surrounding the nursery plants inside. I asked the person working there if it was her cat. She responded, no, but we have been feeding it since it arrived a few days ago. They still had no clue how cat entered. Cat was friendly, and allowed to be petted, and picked up.:love
I said, that I was willing to take kitty home. She was all glad that I would, and got keys to open the outside gate, and let me take to car. She did not want me to take thru inside of store, because we had no box, and didn't want cat to turn loose inside store. :wee
Took home and he joined my other cats at the time.
I name him Salem,, because he reminded me of Salem,, Sabrinas' cat from the TV show.
Your cat looks sooooo much like my Salem looked:)
Here is Sabrina and Salem short clip on YT.

Back
Top Bottom