First Baby Pheasant Hatched Today! Now What???

We have four healthy pheasants right now. When I went to take "George" out he hopped out of the incubator, hid under the cabinet and ran all over the room. Fast little bugger! One went spradle legged on me, so I separated, got it better, but now can't seem to get him back with the other group, so he's in with the chicks. I am hoping I will have mostly girls and one great guy here so I can raise babies, but that will be next years project! I am going to make a flight pen for them instead of letting them go.

CAREFUL WITH THE CHICKEN CO-HABITATION! I HAD 2 THAT HATCHED LATE AND WASNT ABLE TO PUT THEM WITH THE GROUP SO I HAD THEM IN THE BROODER WITH MY CHICKS AND THEY GOT CORYZA AND I LOST 1. CHICKS NEVER SHOWED ANY SIGNS, BUT ACCORDING TO MANY OLD PHEASANTERS AROUND THEY WILL OFTEN BE MORE SUSCEPTABLE TO A DISEASE THAT THE CHICKS MAY CARRY BUT NEVER HAVE THE ILLNESS ITSELF.

THE ENDING IS THAT NUMBER 2 WAS RE-INTEGRATED INTO THE GROUP OF PHEASANTS AT A LATER TIME AND IS NOW BOSS COCK, AT LEAST UNTIL THE PEEPERS ARRIVE...HE HE HE.

My internet has been out for a week, just got it back on tonight. One pheasant escaped, and I didn't realize it and just found it trapped in a big mason jar I had in the corner. It was trapped and died, I didn't hear it since all the others are squawking. I now know to do head counts every time I go in there.

I promise! I will take pictures soon! They re getting big.

Back
Top Bottom