First butcher over (pics-graphic)

WOW!!! You rock!! I am so not brave enough for that. I could do the gutting, it's the actuall killing I am "chicken" to do. My son asked me today if we were going to eat our chickens. Right now we have only hens, guineas and just enough roos for each bird type. One standard, one bantam and one guinea. Are meat birds all one gender, like do you just eat the roosters or do you buy chicks straight run and kill them all? Sorry to be so rough in my talk, just new to this subject.

Post removed.

This is the MEAT birds section. If it is not your thing, please don't read in this section and don't comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will you share this thread with my Butcher ?
Hear are some of My pictures I did this past week , I started with 23 and slowly did them all
Finished them up yesterday In the Down poor Rain We had , But Guess what Today was Beautiful No rain . Go figure
38960_dscf5318.jpg

38960_dscf5324.jpg

38960_dscf5327.jpg

38960_dscf5331.jpg

38960_dscf5176.jpg

My home made Plucker Worked out pretty well for the Big job

Finally Done and every one is Put away in the freezer Now after there rest
I kept a few Whole and Cut Up the rest
Thank you for letting me post , Any one else have any photos .
Jean

Post removed.

This is the MEAT birds section. If it is not your thing, please don't read in this section and don't comment.

Post removed.

Wegs813: Way to go doing it yourself (with hubby)
wink.png
They are some REALLY nice looking and hefty critters - enjoy!!

It's a great accomplishment raising and harvesting your own food.

**Please use the report button and let the staff handle it**

So The OP Is proud of what he did and so am i, more people should.

**edited. Please use the report button and let the Staff handle it**

The cornish X is not intended to be around for a year any way , those birds are intended for meat at 6 to 8 weeks this is what we do so lets move on .... It is not mean It is the circle of life ...

Back
Top Bottom