First candling..

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sonya, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Sonya

Sonya Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Prague, Oklahoma
    I know it's only day 6 of my incubation, but I just *had* to candle to see what I could see.

Of my 6 duck eggs, 2 of them were refrigerated before incubating. I can see veining on 5 of the 6 eggs, and I'm not real sure about the second refrigerated egg.

Of my welsummer eggs, I'm not so sure about them. I think I could see a dark spot on 2-3 of them but it's so hard to see any veining on those dark eggs.

I left them all in the bator, of course, and will candle again probably around day 10 just to see....I was so worried after having to leave them unturned for a day and a half (when I had to take my husband out of town to the hospital) and having a temp spike. I'm hoping to see some progress the next time I candle them.....this is sooo addicting.

Sonya

2. Chicken Girl

Chicken Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG] Good luck!

Chicken Girl

3. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    good luck [​IMG] we have to help the chickens take the world over. and i want to vote foghorn leg horn for presdent

4. jonty

jonty Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2008
    Voßfeld Germany
    I never candel before day 18. Since doing this my hatch rate has gone up. The less you handel, the better it is.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by