First coop and run almost complete!!

Quote:
Was going to run chicken wire over the weld wire as I learnt yesterday, the little ones don't care that the weld wire and chain link are there, they came and went thru the cage freely
sad.png

Chicken wire will keep feathered friends in -- but will not keep furry not-so-friendly animals out. People have reported raccoons reaching through openings larger than 1/2" and eating a chicken one handful at a time. That is why the suggestion to use 1/2" hardware cloth along the bottom 24". Also, you might want something to discourage digging in under the fence.

Peace,

Dave

Quote:
Look closely it's already there, it's at the peak on the front and rear.

you're going to need much more than that.

i believe pat's ventilation page calls out about one square foot of ventilation per chicken

Quote:
Look closely it's already there, it's at the peak on the front and rear.

you're going to need much more than that.

i believe pat's ventilation page calls out about one square foot of ventilation per chicken

Yeah, I saw the vents too, it's still not enough. Really. You'll need more than that. Try to think of you living in your house with no windows, no flushing toilet and only that tiny vent. Just cut a hole and go buy a vent cover at Home Depot, they're very inexpensive.

Quote:
Im almost 100% sure I have made/making everything bullet proof, and if worse comes to worse, coons/foxes/cyotes aren't bullet proof
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom