First coop finished! ~pics~

I got teary eyed seeing your hens and very happy they have a new wonderful home. I agree with the 2x4 perch.
Keep us updated how they are doing please.

frow.gif

Looks nice! I have a portable pen right now but am gathering ideas for my next larger coop.

Wonderful what you have done for those hens...they will be prettier in no time and sooo grateful. Love the coop, excellent job!
clap.gif

I would, asap, replace that chicken wire with hardware cloth and run a hot wire about 6" high around the outside of the whole thing...you can use a small hot box and those push in posts, very easy and will keep out most small predators like possums and racoons that will make fast work of tearing through chicken wire and leave a massacre behind. After all your work you do not want those pretty hens to end up like that.

good first attempt
the chicken pen is to keep them in n Predators out but a Predators
can still go thur that chicken wire so replace with hardware wire.
and you would need to cover the vent with hardware wire too,
also i notice that they would be in the sun all day and the coop was painted a dark color repaint to a pale color so inside wont be hot[when the sun is shine ] in the summer months

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ :

They look like they're really checking the place out.

They look like big girls, so I would change out that little round roost for a 2 x 4 with the wide side up so they don't have to grip and balance all night long.

Be sure to show them in the run in a week or two.

Ditto that. A 2x4 would be a definite improvement over the small branch. I have 2x6's for my roosts -- the girls love to sit and keep their feet covered up -- it's much warmer and more secure for them.
D.gif

Wow!!!did I Say Wow!!!!?? What a great job, love the double doors, and such a nice run area...good luck!!!
Those are some lucky chickens
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom