First crack at a chicken tractor

LoL. Glad it worked out!

I am having trouble understanding how the wheels flip over and lift the coop. It looks like you would grab hold of the long piece of wood and rotate it upwards. But I don't see how it catches on anything to "lock" in place so when you pull the coop to move it, the wheels don't flip back over. Is it easy to explain?

I'm not very mechanical, can you tell? :D :D

Holy crap! It friggin worked! The apron slid over the grass easily.
Great! Might have to move it frequently, before the grass grows up thru the mesh.

I am having trouble understanding how the wheels flip over and lift the coop.
I'm not really seeing it in the pics either, and I am mechanically inclined.

LoL. Glad it worked out!

I am having trouble understanding how the wheels flip over and lift the coop. It looks like you would grab hold of the long piece of wood and rotate it upwards. But I don't see how it catches on anything to "lock" in place so when you pull the coop to move it, the wheels don't flip back over. Is it easy to explain?

I'm not very mechanical, can you tell? :D :D
The third picture is probably the best to use to explain.
When you pull the long 2x4 up it rotates the wheel down, raising the coop about 3 or 4 inches. You'll notice two smaller pieces of wood in the contraption. One (the horizontal piece) is a fixed "stop" that prevents the lever from over rotating. The other (horizontal one) flips down to prevent the Lever from falling back.

I hope that helps. I tried to post a video, but I guess I'm not smart enough to figure that out.

Ahhh, I see it now, thank you! :)

I can envision it rotate and then catch on the one piece of parallel wood, then see the piece you flip to prevent the wheel from flipping back over.

Very cool!

Back
Top Bottom