First Date

I agree with chicmom. Movies are okay later on but the first date you want to be able to talk to them and make a case for a second date. Whenever I get dates around the Christmas holiday I would usually take a girl out to dinner, nothing fancy, pizza works, then we'd drive around looking at Christmas lights. Most cities have a street or a couple streets where people go all out. It gives you some private one on one time to talk and it gives you a visual show of the pretty decorations.

Wow thanks for all the great ideas everyone and iceskating sounds like fun. I really just couldnt think of anything thatbwould be proper for a first date.

So like would hugging be ok on the first day? I really don't plan on doing any kissing.

Quote:
A nice hug when the date went well is fine. Might also tell him you enjoyed yourself and can't wait to do it again or something similar.

ray's two cents :

I've never been on a date before, but I've met plenty of new people, which for me is an equally daunting task.
lol.png

All I can say is, if it's appropriate and you can't think of anything to say in response to a comment, just laugh.
That's what I do. It works every time to stave off the awkward silences.
old.gif

I usually say, "Cricket. Cricket," during awkward silences. It always makes the other person laugh, and shows them just how quirky I am.
tongue.png

Quote:
I usually say, "Cricket. Cricket," during awkward silences. It always makes the other person laugh, and shows them just how quirky I am.
tongue.png

I have that sound on my phone...I play it when everyone gets quiet. I laugh every time, even if no one else does.

And yes, 90% of the time I do things just because it will make me laugh.

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh, for sure. Whatever you're comfortable with. Remember, you're trying to figure out if you even want a second date with him. You're saying you want to try to make sure he wants a second date with you, but he has to impress you, too. You don't think he's trying to think of ways to get you to want a second date with him, too?
lol.png

Quote:
It's true! My fiancee proposed to me over a handwrapped filet mignon and home-made mashed potatoes!
lol.png

Seriously though. I also don't recommed a move theater on a first date. You might get a taste of their sense of humor, but that's about it.

My very first date ever (I was 18), we parked in Nevada City, walked around main street for a while, and then decided that we wanted to spend more time together. So we walked to the next town over
lol.png
We ate dinner in Grass Valley, where he made me laugh so hard I *literally* smacked my face on the table accidentally. Yea, that was embarrassing. I figured I would probably never see him again so I dove in and asked if he wanted to make us "official". I figured I had nothing to lose at that point. I mean, I had just slammed my face into the table. He said yes
smile.png
We walked back to our cars holding hands, and we parted with a kiss on the cheek that left him wantin more
wink.png

Later we calculated our route and we had walked almost 20 miles that night!
ep.gif

We dated for 8 months, so I musta did something right!
lol.png

So, moral of the story: Make mashed potatoes, and smack your face on inanimate objects. It'll be grand.
gig.gif

Dinner and a movie?

Maybe I'm odd, but those types of things bore me. Things I've done or would have like to have done on first dates:

Perusing a pet store, hiking, bowling, laser tag, indoor rock wall climbing, science museum, coffee and board games, horseback riding, mudding in the Jeep, 4wheeling, plinking (not a good one for someone you don't really know), etc etc etc

Granted, the first date I had with my husband we went out to dinner
roll.png

And don't kiss him... make him work for that
cool.png

And as for awkward silences, I've always just straight out said something like "If there are any awkward silences, I will just kick you in the shin to ease the awkwardness" and then whenever there is silence I'll say "Does this count as awkward? I'm getting my foot ready"

But then again, you might not be as odd as me
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom