First day here, last day here?

Quote:
frow.gif
Hi there. I am sorry you found out you are not supposed to have your new friends! Have you decided what you are going to do? Is it town ordinance, or association that doesn't allow it? Does your town allow special permits? Would your neighbors complain over three chickens? I hope all works out for you!!

-Jessa

Thank you for the warm welcome.
smile.png

It's our city's municipal codes. And sadly code enforcement has been seen driving around a lot lately. We are on friendly terms with our neighbors but we don't really know them that well and don't know how they'll react to chickens.

And I would really like to keep them. We've had them less than a week, we love watching them and we're already attaching to them. In fact I wanted another one! Quite honestly we didn't do any research when getting our chicks. So, when I saw that the feed store is getting chicks in tomorrow, ones that lay blue green eggs, I thought Ooooh I want blue green colored eggs as well.

We do have a backup plan I guess. I just need to ok it with my sister who lives in San Francisco. I can't believe our city which is more rural, I mean I see cows driving to the freeway sheesh, doesn't allow chickens.

But at this point I'm flopping back and forth. Last night I was sure we shouldn't keep them. This afternoon I was sure we should. I just would be so disappointed if after building a coop and getting more attached to them, then to have to give them away.

uh oh! not having chickens is for the birds! I hope you can keep yours. i know there is a pretty hefty illegal or "underground" chicken community here
smile.png
just watch for roosters!

Back
Top Bottom